Where are these cottages and what are they called.

algy

From your clue Graps I'd say 'Mill Pond Cottage(s)' ?

but I've only heard of Mill Pool cottages (Stockton Heath ??)..

... am I getting my Pond's and Pool's muddled up.

It seems like 'white' things are frustrating me today :lol:

It is Mill Pool Cottages, Stockton Heath as you say Dizz, you can just make out the bathing lake in the distance, and no Peter it is not a modern photo!.

My thanks must go to Grapp's and his clue there Algy as I wouldn't have got it without that even though they did look familiar. His is anagram did spell 'Mill Pond Cottage' though ... and the lake was called 'Mill Pond'... so how come the cottage's were called Mill Pool ?

Sorry, but I had to ask.. arrgh again :oops::lol:

My thanks must go to Grapp's and his clue there Algy as I wouldn't have got it without that even though they did look familiar. His is anagram did spell 'Mill Pond Cottage' though ... and the lake was called 'Mill Pond'... so how come the cottage's were called Mill Pool ?

Sorry, but I had to ask.. arrgh again :oops::lol:

You have a point Dizz, on the map of 1850 the water by the mill is called "Mill Pond" however on the original photo (I removed the title for this topic) it clearly states "Mill Pool" (see below) so technically Grapp's was correct however for the purpose of this quiz I can only go on what is displayed on the photo.

StocktonHeathMillPoolCottages.jpg