Where was this photo taken and what is so special about it?.

algy

It's a clue Cleo and no to to whatever that means that you said?

Wasn't easy for me to provide a clue without giving it away, not very good at giving clues anyway as you'll see when the answer comes up :blink:

lateral thinking.

QPR play at Loftus Road -Loftus

Suspended - hanged - gallows = loftus gallows. :oops::lol::lol:

how about it was the first shell depot for supplying petrol to the new garage businesses in the Warrington/Cheshire area.Motor vehicles just having started to become available to the few, horse drawn tankers were employed to make the deliveries.

or maybe not. <_<

Sid, correct, it was the first petrol station in Warrington, would you like to have a stab at where it is - not too far from the town center.

Mersey Street

Do you know what Cleo, you can have this one along with Sid, for persistence.

Sid said first Shell depot and as I said it was Warrington's first petrol station, you said in Mersey Street whereas it was Howley and the North side of Mersey Street was Howley. so all in all your both correct. :D

:lol: Cheers algy!

Your welcome Cleo, by the way the clue to "Sounds like walking off QPR's pitch will get you suspended before you arrive here" was walking off QPR's pitch 'Victoria Park' get you suspended 'over the Suspension Bridge' arrive there 'Howley', I warned you about not being to good with clues. :roll:

Your welcome Cleo, by the way the clue to "Sounds like walking off QPR's pitch will get you suspended before you arrive here" was walking off QPR's pitch 'Victoria Park' get you suspended 'over the Suspension Bridge' arrive there 'Howley', I warned you about not being to good with clues. :roll:

Makes sense now it's explained. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't see the word 'Sehll' :unsure: ... but I'm too late and hadn't got any idea anyway :oops::lol:

Great pic Algy and I guess another one which shows that H&S bods, workers and locals didn't really worry or whinge as long as a job was being done and a service provided. No animal rights protestors either.

Can you imagine if they delivered fuel like that these days... :shock:

I can't see the word 'Sehll' :unsure: ... but I'm too late and hadn't got any idea anyway :oops::lol:

Great pic Algy and I guess another one which shows that H&S bods, workers and locals didn't really worry or whinge as long as a job was being done and a service provided. No animal rights protestors either.

Can you imagine if they delivered fuel like that these days... :shock:

You can't see the word sehll because it doesnt say sehll, it says shell.