What was the pupose of this dwelling?

algy

The area and lane are going to be fairly easy but what was the original purpose of this dwelling.

Would appreciate anyone who read or obtained the booklet on Grappenhall history, I think it was published last year, to refrain from answering and give the rest a chance. :wink:

the-1.jpg

Me too :lol:

I haven't got a clue and no idea what the Lane is either (although Algy says that should be fairly easy :unsure: )

It's clearly not as old as some of the others as there is a 30 mhp road sign.

Wild Guess Bradshaw Lane and the home of the resident speed camera 'trapper' :lol:

I know it is Broad lane not sure about the building I think there was a smithy thereabouts

Well folks you've had a few easy ones lately this little cottage may prove difficult.

Grappenhall Guy you are correct it is Broad lane, not the Smithy though as that is further down the lane. :wink:

I would never have got that.

What years was that Algy and did Grappenhall actually have it's own workhouse ? Where was it... and last question... what's the book you referred to that was published last year as I wouldn't mind reading that.

I would never have got that.

What years was that Algy and did Grappenhall actually have it's own workhouse ? Where was it... and last question... what's the book you referred to that was published last year as I wouldn't mind reading that.

Dizz, I posted thison here:-

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

I am reliably informed that the 'Grappenhall Local History Group' have published a new small book on Grappenhall with new photo's price just under a Fiver, I must get hold of a copy.

Don't ask me why but I never did get a copy :oops: but I'm sure I borrowed it fro SH library this year.

Grappenhall gained it's workhouse in 1745 and I'm still trying to find more information on it.

Glad to hear your memory is as bad as mine at times then Algy :lol:

I didn't know Grappenhall had a local history group. I knew Latchford had one as I have a couple of their books (one about a school and the 'Bridge to Bridge' book) but they have so many more wonderful photo's that it's a shame they are not available to view anywhere online or more often in displays. I wish they had been on display for longer or could be seen elsewhere.

I saw a lot of theirs when they had the display in the Scout Hut at the Stockton Heath Festival this year although they said they had many more too. If the group ever disbanded then what would happen to their masses of photos and info? Would they just get forgotten about or would they just go to the museum and sit in a cupboard in there somewhere too?

It's sad that so many people are missing out on seeing all these images from the past and info that goes with them although it's nice to hear that there are groups of people taking an interest and collating it. Perhpas they could share it with us all on here like you do Algy :D

Glad to hear your memory is as bad as mine at times then Algy :lol:

I didn't know Grappenhall had a local history group. I knew Latchford had one as I have a couple of their books (one about a school and the 'Bridge to Bridge' book) but they have so many more wonderful photo's that it's a shame they are not available to view anywhere online or more often in displays. I wish they had been on display for longer or could be seen elsewhere.

I saw a lot of theirs when they had the display in the Scout Hut at the Stockton Heath Festival this year although they said they had many more too. If the group ever disbanded then what would happen to their masses of photos and info? Would they just get forgotten about or would they just go to the museum and sit in a cupboard in there somewhere too?

It's sad that so many people are missing out on seeing all these images from the past and info that goes with them although it's nice to hear that there are groups of people taking an interest and collating it. Perhpas they could share it with us all on here like you do Algy :D

I wish they would Dizz. :D