Tell us all about this area of Warrington!.

algy

Spot on Cleo, the Methodist Sunday School and with respect I honestly don't think anyone will know what the building is to the left of it, it is the "Ebenezer" Savings Bank,

The steps on the Bridewell were designed narrow and steep to prevent rioters from charging and gaining entrance to the building en mass thus enabling the officer to defend it more easily.

I shall try another one tomorrow, hopefully.

Bloody Hell! Dizz, wondered when you'd show your face, sounds like you've started on the wine early to-night tuppence.

:oops: Ooops I thought you meant what might it have been called recently not in the late 1900's as Cleo has kindly pointed out.

No need for wine for me ... a busy day and manic night has clearly sufficed in the Dizzy household and has given me the same outcome as lashings of wine but for free :huh:

I was just about to say why the steps were like that but too late now.. honest :wink:

Good stuff though Algy and here's a bigger picture of the Warrington's Bridewell Jail. Big building in it's time eh.

thebridewellwarrington.jpg

Now to figure out the others .... mmm ... 'Pounds shops' maybe :lol: