Lets see if you know WARRINGTONS PAST

arty69uk

spooky Arty.... I uploaded some pics earlier onto photobucket and was just about to pop a couple on the forum. One of mine is the exact same place as your top one. I've taken the title off now and I wont 'guess' as obviously I know where it is. Heres mine.

warringtonbridgestreettramGreenalgh1908copy-1.jpg

Anyway back to your question........

Are numbers

1..... not saying cos I only know due to my picture

3..... Bank Park (think that is what it's called ie I mean next to the Town Hall where the zoo used to be)

4.... or is that called Bank Park ? Looks like the Parr Hall in the background.

5.... The Barley Mow Pub

Dizzy..your spot on

3 Bank Park Lake it is.. My gran took me there every time I had to go to the Infirmary round the corner..

Dizzy..your spot on

5 The Barley Mow it is.. The ally is where she took me to the Market .I always looked in the toy shop at the bottom on the left..then for my free biscuit on the stall on the right..

The first one has to be the Packet House and Tower Restaurant at Bridge Foot. THe second Queens Gardens (?) with the High School and the Parr Hall.

Which end of the alley Dizzy? I remember that little cho-a-bloc full shop on the corner as the alley entered the Market. How come the old market always smelled of soap powder?

Damn knew all of them apart from No2 but was beaten to posting the answers.

Must have been unusual to see a photographer in those days. Notice all the people in No1 facing the camera? :lol:

Could No2 be Buttermarket Street?

Stallard I remember that curious little shop at the entrance to the market. It fascinated me.

Damn knew all of them apart from No2 but was beaten to posting the answers.

Must have been unusual to see a photographer in those days. Notice all the people in No1 facing the camera? :lol:

Could No2 be Buttermarket Street?

Stallard I remember that curious little shop at the entrance to the market. It fascinated me.

Cleopatra.. No 2 ...NOPE Look deep into the picture what you see is still there !

Horsemarket Street, the railway bridge by Central Station can be seen in the distance, Lyme Street is on the left foreground with the doorway of the 'Blue Bell Inn' behind the young lady crossing the street.

Heres the original that it was taken from!.

WarringtonHorsemarketStreettheBlueBellVaultsontheleft.jpg