What car then Cleo 1.0L or other ?

Dizzy

I've just been trying to figure out what is the best car to buy for a new teenage driver as I was told a 1.0L Cleo is a good one.

Now when I come on here all the add banners at the top are about insurance for young drivers so it's gettng on my nerves. I do wish they wouldn't spy on me.

Anyway ignoring them.

Like I said I was told a 1.0L Cleo but my 'advisor' is not available for a few days so I'm stuck. There are so many different models how do I know which one or are they all the same as long as they are Cleo's and 1.0 L ?

How about 1.0L renaults or peugeots.. any idea ?

Thought I'd ask you lot first before incase you have been through similar before I have to spend all weekend typing all the various models into comparison web sites to check. Please don't make me do that as they, and their counterparts, always ring me then.

Also does the age of the car make a huge difference ie is a slightly newer car cheaper than an older one or vice versa?

Things never used to be this complicated :roll:

Hi Dizz, I can't help much on the choice of car but it might be worth looking for a Renault owners forum. I think you might be able to find a "What to look out for" section as well as seeing what other owners have experienced.

Another thing I heard of recently was a young lad who was shopping around for insurance. Apparently he made quite a saving by adding his Mother to his policy as a named driver.

Sorry Cleo.. I never thought :lol:

Thanks Rexmax, I dont really need to know what to look out for when buying the actual car itself as I'll have it checked but I'll certainly look at the link you suggest to see what it says about insurance etc. Thanks for that :D

We tried a frew by putting me on the insurance too but as I already have my own car I think they sussed it out right away that I wouldn't be it's main driver. Bugger <_<

Ooops :oops::lol::lol:

I was feeling a tad rattled last night can you tell. 'Cleo' on here and the 'ozone' on another topic. B) Not good eh? :lol:

It had been noticed, but being the gentleman that I am, I didn't mention it, although I was tempted to throw a bucket of water over my PC to get rid of the steam that was coming out. :wink:

That's TWO parents who spoil their kids. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

My son bought his own car....failed his test and decided that driving wasn't for him after all....so he left his car on my drive.

After many warnings to get it shifted after the tax and MOT ran out, I finally phoned my mate who owns a breakers yard and he came and scrapped it!

There are some tough lessons to be learned in life!!

Damn we could have bought your sons of you.

Thought..... Has anyone else got a suitable small car sitting on their drive or in their garage (or maybe their relatives drives) that they want rid of even if it needs a bit of TLC as it would be a great little project for him to keep him busy over winter :D

PS Peter... what gives you the impression that my son hasn't got any money himself or that 'we' are just 'spoiling' him ?

A nice 24 valve V6 2.5 litre Mondeo would be a great first car.... powerful and plenty of room for the babes in the back!!

Don't worry about that rip off insurance nonsense, cheaper to take the fine than pay the premiums anyway!

(and of course I'm joking!!!)

Damn we could have bought your sons of you.

Thought..... Has anyone else got a suitable small car sitting on their drive or in their garage (or maybe their relatives drives) that they want rid of even if it needs a bit of TLC as it would be a great little project for him to keep him busy over winter :D

PS Peter... what gives you the impression that my son hasn't got any money himself or that 'we' are just 'spoiling' him ?

Driving him all the way to Uni!!!!

Unless there is something you now know about him that we are unaware of Peter.. there has never been any intentions of him going to UNI. :P

So wrong twice now on your part :lol:

He knows what he wants do do....and he's sticking to it regardless and says 'HE WILL SUCCEED'(even though there are still no apprenticeships available in that field of work and yet there is a door wide open for him elsewhere learning a completely different 'trade' and he could start tomorrow )

Can't knock him for his determintation to succeed in what he wants to do that's for sure it's just a pitty he can't do both as no harm in having two things under your belt but alas college hours wont allow that.

Who are we (as parents) to insist that he should go the other way for 'ease' and at least he's not at college or Uni trying to get A Levels and Degree's in nonsense subjects just so he has a piece of paper to his name which in reality don't mean you have learnt anything of use really :oops:

Errrm not that I am knocking those who get A Levels or degrees of course... its just sometimes they are a bit weird and kids chose them just for something to fill a space on a CV :oops:

Bugger... did I just do it again :oops:

Got no idea what you are on about at all now Peter.

What did I used to do and I don't think Winwick is a UNI but if it is I appologise as it never says that on any of the info we get or when he enrolled. I'm sure it's still a college/collegiate though.

Another pointless conversation between two mods again I suspect. Gary may start charging us both soon for wasting forum space, time and for boring everyone to death :P