Near Miss.....

Bazj

Thought some may like to see a real near miss!!

driving back through France a few weeks ago; I was happily pottering along in the nearside lane when the other car decided to overtake, slow down and then finally try to occupy the space I had!!

We never actually hit but if we had, you can see why the camera is a good aid to provoving who was in the wrong!

:shock: Good grief (polite) what an idiot (polite)

You are clearly a good driver to be able to keep your eyes on the road, avoid idiots like that at high speed AND to use a video camera and keep it so steady as you drive along Baz :wink::lol:

Glad to see you weren't speeding.

A good argument for driving a bit faster maybe. I’m guessing you’re on cruise at that point and the other car isn’t.

I don’t detect the slightest variation in speed with mine on cruise but if I set it so that I’m doing about the same as everyone else then I always seem to end up with someone overtaking me then me then overtaking them. After a while some seem to start getting a bit a agitated with all the passing which is a bit ironic since it’s them that’s speeding up and slowing down. That’s the time to show them some tailpipes and let em play silly buggers with someone else.

I think the French are bloody awful drivers Baz and make no allowances for anyone with a GB sticker on. :evil:

In fact I reckon some would see the sticker as an invitation to cut you up. :evil::evil:

Bill :)

Bill, it was on cruise, but it is distronic cruise which slows down at a determined distance from the vehicle in front..... I forgot to swap the settings at Merc before I went away, so the car didn't realise I was driving on the right, otherwise it would have braked for me before the other car got that close!!!

Bloody clever them Germans!! :wink:

Oooh I don't know if you are joking now Baz. Does your car really brake for you if it senses danger whiles it's on cruise

Yes!! It has what is called distronic plus which keeps a set distance behind the car in front when on cruise so it will brake if the traffic slows and accelerate when it speeds up again!! There is also something called pre-safe which will detect an impending collision and instantly alter all sorts of perameters on the car like headrest hieights and seat belt tensions so that you are in the best position to take the impact if it actually occurs...... you see that when you brake really hard, all the rear head rests shoot up and the seats assume crash positions!!

You could have some fun with that Baz :lol:

Doesn't all this high tech stuff worry you though incase it goes wrong ?

I guess that's why your car has internal cameras surveying the situation though eh? In the event of an accident you could blame Merc instead of taking the blame yourself as their car had failed you :wink:

Clever and what's your insurance like ?

I'm with Bill on the subject of cruise control. It really ticks me off when I have to repeatedly pass someone who cannot maintain a constant speed.

Baz, I had a little Merc C class on hire for a week or so while my car was in for a small repair and was quite impressed with the adaptive cruise control, (although it took a fair bit bit of getting used to having to use that stalk arrangement where the indicators should be, I suppose that I have just become far too used to having voice control and must be getting lazy.)