Tight fit

asperity

I've watched it 3 times :D

Impressive stuff Asp. I wonder how many others have had twangs and bumps on their way through though :wink:

Maybe you could do that next time as You've Been Framed pay £250 for every clip they show you know. Those blokes in orange coats could eaily be displaced :unsure::lol:

Oh yes!! Local knowledge is essential for that passage because of the strong tidal streams and restricted depths as well as the narrow gap in the railway bridge!! It's also an insurance requirement for ships to employ a pilot or for the Master to have an exemption certificate for the particular port. :wink: :wink: :wink:

The pilot's local knowledge is usually required, but when it comes to ship handling (i.e. berthing/unberthing the ship) I do that myself, with the pilot's advice when needed. This is because the pilot cannot be expected to have the knowledge of each ship's handling characteristics. Also, as I'm going to get the blame anyway if it all goes pear shaped, if anyone is going to bend the ship it may as well be me!! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: