E-petitions?

observer

That is fair enough Obs.... but there is a difference between not having local skills (although I can't think what skills a so-called advanced country like ours wouldn't have that a country like Poland would....but that's another question) and bringing people from other parts of the country.... but bringing labour from another country is a different matter all together.

I have never believed the "shortage of skilled labour so we have to bring in foreign chaps" line anyway. I think it is probably more like "The British chaps who are qualified enough are either too expensive or they have the right idea and bugger off somewhere else to work"

Just for reference to the original topic.

The Fair Fuels Campaign have successfully raised the pre-requisite numbers of signatures to trigger a debate on fuel pricing.

The debate will take place on 15th November. I am planning to email my M.P. (David Mowat) on Friday to see if he will be in the house for the debate, (he couldn't be bothered to sign up to the fair fules price campaign last time so I doubt he will be there this time.) However, if I can put a crimp in his day then I will :P

Last time I received a very long and uninteresting letter of waffle. Is anyone interested to see what I receive this time?

Panorama did a piece on that issue: seems the Green lobby are pushing our bills up by playing with a re-newables policy which the LibDums are commiting us to; and insisting on underground electrical transmition, which costs more than 10 times the price of overhead pylons; then there's the cost of renewing our power stations, especially the nuclear ones. So the future looks as bright as one of these new eco-bulbs! :wink:

How much use is an epetition ?

This is from the virgin news pages.

Conservative MPs will be free to vote in favour of action to hold down fuel prices in the Commons, after David Cameron decided not to order them to oppose a backbench motion.

The "payroll vote" of ministers and parliamentary aides will abstain in the division, said Downing Street. Mr Cameron himself is not expected to take any part in the debate or division, which was triggered by an e-petition carrying more than 100,000 signatures.

However, the result of the vote will not be binding on the Government, so there is no question of Mr Cameron being forced to change his policy in response.

well it got to the vote stage but as it will not be binding on the government seems a complete waste o time and money.:angry: