The Beatles played in Warrington.

algy

Did you know - that the 'Beatles' played in Warrington at the Bell Hall July 20th 1962 at the Bell Hall, entrance charge was 2/6d, they had played the Cavern in liverpool earlier before traveling to Warrington.

Booking conformation to the promoter.

TheyappearedattheBellHallFridayJuly201962Entrance26d.jpg

Back off Orford Lane, near where the school used to be. Remember that one Algy, but I didn't bovver going. I did watch Gerry Lee Lewis at that place (Heaven & Hell Club?) - frankly, hardly anyone there and imo he was c**p! :D

i got told that bell hall is now the co-op shop in orford lane is that true ?

The Bell Hall was a church hall used for dances. It was about a halfway along Orford Lane and you did have to have to go thru an alley to get to it. It was the first place that I ever heard Eric Pepperall play and Edna Savage sing (Tea for Two and you for me....). The Saturday dance ended at 11:00pm, which was also my curfew, however I would leave it until five minutes to and then do a four-minute mile pace all the way to Oakwood avenue - never made it, but came close enough to evade maximum punishment.

Later in life, my sister was on a teenage church committee that organized mid-week 'hops' and one night she came home and said, "We had a great group tonight, they're called 'The Beatles'. She helped them with the loading of equipment at the end of the dance and we hear about it at every family gathering !!!!

I also believe that the Beatles played at the Towers Club in Bewsey (Where Towers Court is now on Lodge Lane) They were apparently called the Silver Beatles back then.....

That was what I was always told when I was a kid!

The Bell Hall provided additional entertainment: when the Gas Works Gang turned up, full of liquid courage; the floor thinned out as folk took to the seats that ran around the sides. So when the fights kicked off, legs raised so you could push any stray fighter back into the ring - gay days! :D

I remember going to the bell hall did they usedf to have a balcony where you could eye up the talent on the dance floor.Also went to coop hall in winwick road opposite where tescos is and is now either where car showroom is or wineshop, Can also remember eric clapton at the carlton,where he apppeared with his group derek and the dominos{one of the best guitar riffs in layla}He just turned uo on the day and asked to play there or did I dream this. Anyone else remember

Nabber, the CoOp Hall was indeed where the Vauxhall garage is now. The road at the side of the dealers is the original one that went down the side of the Hall. My mum was in the CoOp Amateur Dramatic Society (CATS) and I used to go with my dad after the Sweeney at 10 o'clock on a Monday night to pick her up!

In my teens I occasionally went to the CoOpHall when Pete Rigby was DJ'ing or Colin Dee's Time Machine!!!

Nabber, the CoOp Hall was indeed where the Vauxhall garage is now. The road at the side of the dealers is the original one that went down the side of the Hall. My mum was in the CoOp Amateur Dramatic Society (CATS) and I used to go with my dad after the Sweeney at 10 o'clock on a Monday night to pick her up!

In my teens I occasionally went to the CoOpHall when Pete Rigby was DJ'ing or Colin Dee's Time Machine!!!

I rememberone Friday or saturday night Pete Rigby or the Longford Lover as he was known as having a right ding dong argument with Dave warwick tha nigt Eddie Grant (electric avenue one of his hits ) was on with his original group the Equals