Widnes back in SL

Latchford Locks

If last weeks game against Leigh was anything to go by Widnes will struggle in SL. :roll:

It will be a totally different team that walks out for Super league Wires alone may provide a few new players maybe, Clarke / Cooper / Riley / Mitchell ?

They have both the cash and the time to build a competitive SL side.

You're perhaps being a tad mischievous Mr Pieman. In the many years I've been following the game I've never seen Widnes speccies misbehaving. The only incident which springs to mind was a mass pitch invasion some years ago now at Naughton Park which was exclusively Wire yobbos....I should know, I took half a dozen of them in my truck and gave them a severe talking to on the way home.

Have to agree with Safe. I remember a derby match at Wilderspool in the 80's when Widnes were winning everything and the Wire fans absolutely destroyed 5 or 6 coaches full of Widnes speccies.

That's not to say that the Widnes fans were angels but to say they are animals is a bit one sided.