Exposure meter.

Peter T

Exposure meters are still used a lot Peter, but I think the technology has moved on a bit since yours was made. We use them at the club when setting up studio lighting etc. but the in built metering systems in modern cameras means for most general photography you don't really need them.

Would it help me :wink::lol::lol:

We do have a photography section now Peter... we have hijacked the 'Photos of Warrington' section :oops::lol: Maybe Gary should split and rename them.

On a similar subject to your exposure meter... whilst looking for the old tripod today that we once had I found my other half's dads old camera.

It' a Fujica ST705W and has some extra lenses etc etc too. There's a whopping big Tamron CF Tele Macro Lens.

What a pitty its not a digital eh :cry:

Dizzy I thought you hankered for bygone times and technology, here's your chance. Buy a few rolls of film and armed with your new found camera skills fire a few shots off with the Fujica. It should prove an eyeopener. :):)

My little girl uses my old Nikon slr when we go camping and she has taken a couple of gems. I think it gives her a good grounding in the basics.

Dizzy I thought you hankered for bygone times and technology, here's your chance. Buy a few rolls of film and armed with your new found camera skills fire a few shots off with the Fujica. It should prove an eyeopener. :):)

My little girl uses my old Nikon slr when we go camping and she has taken a couple of gems. I think it gives her a good grounding in the basics.

Go for it! Dizz it might be the making of you (photographic wise I mean) :wink:

I say YES let's do it :D:D

As for using the old camera.... yer 'avin a laugh surely... ME !!!! :shock::lol:

Can you imagine how much it would cost me in films and processing not to mention my anger when all my prints came out wrong cos I'd forgotten to wind on or twiddled the wrong combination of knob, dial and the other weird bits on it all.

I can focus it with the big lens through the viewfinder though cos I had a go :oops::lol:

Might just but a film though for a laugh...what's the worst that can happen :lol:

You'd have to learn how to upload your own photo's/images though Victor if you want to share any on here :P

Your task for tomorrow is to upload one of your pictures on the other thread (not on this one).. :lol::wink:

If you need any help ask someone else 8)

Well that is a positive response :shock: , we will have to sort something out then. Perhaps a weekly or ongoing challenge where we critique each others shots, ask and answer questions about the techniques used etc.and a monthly comp. I'm not sure how we could score the comp yet but I'm open to suggestions.

Perhaps Gary may put each months winning shot in his magazine if Dizzy asks nicely?

The idea should be that we all improve our skills and knowledge whilst having fun at the same time so not too serious perhaps.

I think a good way for us to share our images would be through a Flickr group. Accounts are free and its really easy to use. I'll start and Mod a WWCC Flickr group if you agree?

Any ideas anyone?

Below is a link to a Flickr group called Warrington Worldwide Camera Club. It may be a way to run and vote on comps though I'm still not sure how we will do that. Either way Flickr accounts are free and it makes things easier when you want to post an image on here as you just copy and paste the link info.

See what you all think and if you reckon its a goer I'll leave it up.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1564516@N25/

Hiya PJ

How easy is Flickr eh... I like it already. :D

BUT I created my new yahoo email account.. logged into Flickr... uploaded a few pics and then reaslised I hadn't clicked and requested to 'join this group/club' button :oops:

So I have now done it and you should receive my request to 'join' shortly.

Wonder where I've just put my photo's though :lol::lol:

I have added you as a member Dizzy, welcome aboard. Don't wory about your uploads they will be in your photostream so if you click on "organise and create" at the top then click he "Groups" tab you can drag and drop your images into the "WWCC" group

I've done it :wink:

All 3 landed on the groups home page though so I have deleted 2 and if I click on the one remaining one it enlarges it BUT if I click on my 'name' it takes me/you to my group 'sets'... is that the right way to do it otherwise I'd be clogging up the main page.

Dizzy you should put as many images as you wish on the group page, the more the better as there can literally be millions of images on a group with no problems.

I think I hould have started a new forum subject for the Flickr thing Dizzy, what do you reckon?