Puts thing in to perspective.

Peter T

It happened in an Underground station in London ..

There were protesters on the concourse handing out pamphlets on the evils of Britain ...

I politely declined to take one.

An elderly woman behind me was getting off the escalator and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

The young protester put her hand on the woman's shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, 'Madam, don't you care about the children of Iraq ?'

The elderly woman looked up at her and said, 'My dear, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea and my grandson in Afghanistan .. All three died so you could have the right to stand here and slag off our country. If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your **-- and open it.'

God Bless Great Britain

No Baz you not being in favour of Europe have obviously fallen for the anti European propaganda hook line and sinker :!::wink:

AS established Englanders, born and bred, we didn't fall for anything. Those who are conned into the idea are the ones who fell for it.

IF it ain't broke, DON'T fix it.

What I find amusing about this nonsense is that the same people who are "appalled" by the "protesters on the concourse" are the same people who go on and on about Blairs illegal war in Iraq. Seems you can have it both ways if your blinkers are thick enough. :?:?