Foreign Aid

asperity

It has to be asked why are we sending so much foreign aid to India (?1.5bn over the last 5 years) when they can afford to do this:

http://english.pravda.ru/business/companies/02-12-2010/116033-russia_india_brahmos-0/

as well as developing their own space programme.

We really are ruled over by the most incompetent shower of politicians ever born. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Asp, Obs is on the correct path here. I long ago discovered that foreign aid is never cash, gold, or specie. It's like when a department store gives you a credit card for their own products -- you can buy on 'credit' - but just from that store -- and they try to get you to pay for other products they offer.

• 3 weeks later...

In our era of austerity and weather borne crisis, think of those less fortunate throughout the World, living in earthquake and flood zones. Well, seems OUR Government has, it's just paid ?40million into the global disaster fund, 75% of the current shortfall - now doesn't that make you feel better?! :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting item on tonight's news: Bill Gates has given ?billions towards providing a pneumonia vaccine for Africa; as it's the biggest killer of children in the third world. We were then exposed to the sight of shanty Towns of corregated iron shacks, with no sanitation - so what do they expect but disease. Now with a predicted increase in global population from 6billion to 9 billion over the next 50 years, and with finite food resources - wouldn't Bill be better off investing in a birth control programme? :?

I would like to know one thing........ If we have been giving billions and billions of aid to these people for decades and decades...... why are they still living in tin huts and drinking mud?

Mind you, I hear Mugabe has a nice new S Class Mercedes!

........ plus a right load of cash in a Swiss Bank account! :wink:

You know I reckon we should invade Switzerland...... they are the backside lickers of the world; anything to get money. They cosied up to Hitler and the third Reich to get all of their stolen gold and treasures looted from the Jews and now they harbour stolen and laundered money from every crook and despot in the world.

Time for a wake up call me thinks!