Wearing a Poppy at work

Lt Kije

at all the places i have worked at it is usually the other way round and you were made to feel a touch guilty if you did not have a poppy on display.

the question was always asked by somebody. "not got a poppy yet?" the emphasis being on the yet. it was usually the internal postal staff who had the job of selling them as they delivered the mail. and there were several boxes dotted around the site for those people who had not had a chance to get one earlier.

funny aside mrs sid has just asked me if i have come across any poppies yet as she has not had chance to get out to get one. :oops:

I am with Jon Sow on this one.

Mr Snow, without his poppy, on Channel 4 News, said he will wear one on Remembrance Sunday. He has refused to bow to viewer demands for him to wear a poppy, branding it ?poppy fascism?.

Mr Snow, said soldiers had died so that people had the freedom to choose when and where or not to wear the symbol.

(I have edited this text from an on-line daily newspaper report)

I am with Jon Sow on this one.

You made a pig's ear of that. :lol:

Jon Snow made his remarks a few years back, it is the media who keep regurgitating them ad nauseum.

Employers should not comment either for or against the wearing of a poppy, it has nothing to do with them.

Everyone should choose wether they want to wear one or not and anyone who says they cant or shouldnt should be given a telling off(being polite here)

A lot of people died for the right of choice its a pity that people forget this... its their choice to wear or not to wear and of course for how long..

Steve