do you think play offs and promotion possible this season  

9 members have voted

1. 1. do you think play offs and promotion possible this season

• Yes
    • No

hiya folks

was just wondering what's happening for the up coming season in terms of:

1. Kit - is their going to be a new kit for this season

2. Transfers - has evo and jimmy definatley gone and are we bringing in any more players

3. Friendlies

I don't think the team will get anywhere with this management team in place. How can a player play well when both manager and assistant manager are screaming obscenities at the player. Also why haven't we got any friendlies in place unlike most other teams who have theirs published already?

I don't think the team will get anywhere with this management team in place. How can a player play well when both manager and assistant manager are screaming obscenities at the player. Also why haven't we got any friendlies in place unlike most other teams who have theirs published already?

Your are clearly not In the Know - if you had been at last night's AGM you would be In The Know.

I understand by its very nature an internet forum will atrract a wide variety of comments and you are entitled to your opinion.

But I am sure Joey and Stu would love to discuss your concerns face to face. :roll:

I can arrange a meeting if you would like to air your concerns to them.

I will invite Mr Insider along as well! :lol:

Its not about being in the know or about being at the AGM, frankly it doesnt bother me, as for your meeting with the management team, is this meant to be some sort of threat, as unlike most of the players, I wouldn't be scared to see them face to face. However just look at the high turn over of players that have left and the replacements brought in? Hardly play off material i believe.

Sometimes Gary i think you need to take a step back because the football club is a football club and not all about yourself.

So where are the friendlies? Other teams have friendlies against big clubs, however are we going to be playing HMS shambles again? Or the dog and duck from down the road?

i feel that the management team is quite capable of taking us to bigger and better things however i do agree with the friendly comment we do need friendlies now and we need them against decent clubs.

play offs and promotion is definately in our reach this year but we need to build on last years great season and i know full well the barmy army will be singing shouting and cheering them on every step of the way and hopefully we'll get some silverware this season :D

Sometimes Gary i think you need to take a step back because the football club is a football club and not all about yourself.

There again In the Know you haven't got a clue have you! :oops:

I don't need to take a step back from the football because my role at the club does not involve the football.

There is a management team in place for the day to day running and a management team in place for footballing matters.

Finally I do not advocate violence or threats so you clearly don't know me.

It was a genuine offer to air your views in an open forum and help support the team, the management and tghe directors in taking the club forward - not sniping away in the background or doing anything positive to help the club move forward.

I will meet and talk to anyone face to face who is interested in supporting the club.

In the know...once again another so called supporter who would like to see the club struggling to survive in the never reaches of the football pyramid!

If you question the management skills why have they transformed the club in the 2 season that they have been here from a relegation threatened team season after season to closely missing out on the play offs last season? to me that is good management.

I do agree that it isn't good constantly shouting at players but maybe thats what some players need to keep them motivated during games, Im not a manager and neither are you so lets leave it to them and see what happens.

No point criticising them now leave it until the end of the season for praise or criticism.

• 1 month later...

I am sure with a good run of results and abit more consistency Town could be challeging for the playoffs!

however i would much rather see another season of improvments and a good cup run this year in one or both FA Competitions.

The little steps the club have taken under the managment of Joey and Stuart is somthing to be positive about but as per usual some supporters seem to have personal vendetters against the managment team.

As for the team i think it is imperative that Tommo stays fit we lost are way when he got injured a leader both on and off the field.

I also think losing Jimmy could have a great impact on the side, sometimes i think he had a negative affect on the team.

anyway there is only one week until pre season when we can all see how the team is shaping up for the new season.

Come on Yellows

Come on Burgerman. you were doing great until you mentioned Jimmy Mac.

I agree he is good when he wants to be, but if someone takes the ball off him he goes missing for 20 minutes whilst he has a sulk.

We can't afford that luxury.

That is what i meant by a negative affect on the team! he was very bad for morale of the team! I think he started to think that he was bigger than the club.

Him leaving could have a very good affect on the team both on the field and the dressing room.