Ian Smith

Wolfette

How bad was he today, I did not have a problem with the Riley sin binning. But I did have a problem with his inconsistent decisions.

He is a shocking referee and I hope when they review his performance tomorrow at HQ they show him the error of his ways, although I doubt it very much.

Well done to the Touch Judge though its a good job he was keeping an eye on the game and let Smith know all the fouls he missed.

How bad was he today, I did not have a problem with the Riley sin binning. But I did have a problem with his inconsistent decisions.

He is a shocking referee and I hope when they review his performance tomorrow at HQ they show him the error of his ways, although I doubt it very much.

Well done to the Touch Judge though its a good job he was keeping an eye on the game and let Smith know all the fouls he missed.

Showed a good turn of pace though when Bridge and Hicks went the length of the field - he was running in front of them! :shock:

The sin bin was introduced for PERSISTENT technical offences, it was never the intention to remove players from the game in the first minute. Following the referee's logic every penalty he awarded from then on should have been accompanied by the yellow card.

I am pleased to be proved wrong with my forecast for the game yesterday but I hadn't realised just how much turmoil there is at Huddersfield after losing their coach and captain. They were very poor and couldn't even handle the kick off. I was baffled by the substitution of Luke Robinson who is perhaps their best player and would make an ideal replacement for Lee Briers. Only when he came back on did Huddersfield look likely to get back in the game. He's an old style RL halfback...an angry little man with a very short fuse.

All I can say is that Smith tried his best to ruin the game yesterday. He seemed to want to pick on anything and everything but then made himself look foolish by not being consistent.

I lost count on how many times he made scrums be re taken due to some minor infringement - how boring.

All I can say is that Smith tried his best to ruin the game yesterday. He seemed to want to pick on anything and everything but then made himself look foolish by not being consistent.

Just goes to show that my earlier posts on another topic have been backed up, you guys won and still complain about the ref!

They all need scrapping (bar ganson) and starting again, the game needs some fresh faces as its the same old crap every game, us fans can predict the way the game will be played on who is in the middle.

Time for change RFL and quick!!!

Karl Kirkpatrick was the best ref in this country, even better than Ganson.

Why he decided to call it a day is anyones guess.

Alibert, Smith and Silverwood make some very poor decisions and are the worst refs in the game.

Thaler is ok sometimes and I thought James Child looked promising.

Bentham and Ganson are probably the best at the moment.

James Child ruined all good reputation for being the new, young and future of refs on fridays pathetic lack of intelligence of the game (Saints v Hull KR)

Alibert??? ok thats just to keep the french happy, next season we will have a welsh ref with no experience of the game giving line outs and easy kicks at goal because he has been brought up on rugby yawnion.

Ashley (Clown) Klein was if can be accepted a big loss to our refs, surely some of the refs who do the national league matches can control games better then we have in super league, we need more than just the 7 we have for each match every week. it needs to be rotated between 10 refs with some having a week off just to keep things fresh as its getting tediously boring week after week seeing the same decisions made by each ref.