Horse Trading?

observer

Can't believe the angst in the media about a "hung" parliament - it's fairly straight forward, whoever can cobble together "a majority" to support a Queen's speech, will form a Government - a constitutional reality, morality has nothing to do with it - so Gordie may not even have to move out of No 10! :wink: However, given the pain that that Government is going to have to dish out - I'm surprised how eager they are to take the poison chalice. Whoever goes into opposition will actually place themselves in the best position for the next election - which may not be too long in coming! :?

the institution in question is a mental health facility.

we don't have those places anymore.... Obs is care in the community based!! :lol:

He's in trouble then - he only likes seven people and four of them are on the telly! Apart from you, the postman and Mrs Obs, he thinks everyone is a chav or a toga-wearing liberal! :lol:

Apart from you, the postman and Mrs Obs, he thinks everyone is a chav or a toga-wearing liberal!

and he is perfectly correct in thinking that way.

I think that anyone who has voted for Clegg has totally screwed this country over and condemned it to an eternity of coalitions and dodgy dealings.....

The voters voted for a set of manifestos not a mish mash of various bits cobbled together which we don't now get a vote on after they have met in their dark rooms to put together.... ridiculous

Have 'I' ....(cant use 'we' sorry) ....been 'con'ned :shock::shock::shock::lol::cry::wink:

Cleggy can still opt to join Gordon and the Welsh/Scots/Irish to gather a proper majority. I'd imagine the regionals would be quite keen on that. I'm sure he'll drag out his moment of glory for a while yet though - it'll never happen again for him! :lol:

Quite possible they may be flattered and bribed in this way "in the public interest"; BUT, if they don't get PR out of this they're finished at the next election. Conversly, IF PR were to be introduced, the Tories know they would never achieve a majority again - think you can rely on Party interest trumping the National one! An option for the Tories, would be to secure support for their (watered down) Queen's Speech; which would enable them to "look at the books"; they could then declare that the economic situation was even worse than they expected and throw the ball back to the electorate in October - they could fight on the basis of draconian measures to resolve the deficit and placate the markets - this would probably be rejected by the voters though - and Dave isn't a Maggie or a Winston. :?:shock: