Well done Liverpool!!!

Gary

Fantastic result and now in the Champions League Final against ......??!!!

Liverpool were simply awesome and kept their cool in the penalty shoot out.

How "The Special One" could say Chelsea were the better team is beyond me. :)8)

After the game Mourinho is quoted as saying, inter alia, 'We (Chelsea) showed by the way we played, we wanted to win the game. Liverpool had a short good period in the first-half but after that, the best team was in blue?.

I guess he's never been known as a gracious individual, but he obviously wasn't watching the same match as me. By the way, did he shake Raffa's hand after the match? I don't think so. :( Good riddence to the miserable git.

Anyway, good luck to the other team from the north of England tomorrow. As I've said previously, it'd be great, and fitting, having the two giants of the north playing against each other in the Champions League Final....and a 6th trophy in the cabinet wouldn't look to shabby either! :wink:

Well, Liverpool -v- AC Milan again.

A pity (in my view) that we don't have an all England final, but that's football............

By the way, a cheap snipe I know (and I have resisted), but to those who have continued to reference Liverpool's 2005 Champions League victory over AC Milan as a fluke, lucky etc etc - can I simply say (a tad sheepishly), "it's not that easy getting back from 3 - 0 down to beat a champion team like AC Milan, is it" :wink:

Anyway, I'll be yelling for Man U in the FA Cup (and looking forward to Mourinho's after match comments).

United were given a lesson tonight,they came second in every aspect of the game. Ronaldo and Rooney have not had many worse games.

The final will still be a good game to watch, particularly for the neutrals. :(:wink:

[ 02.05.2007, 23:44: Message edited by: Eagle ]

Yup, thoroughly outclassed and unbelievably disappointing. After leading the side so well in the last two matches agains Italian sides, why oh why didn't Smiffy play? We needed someone hustling and defending from the front, Saha for the last 10 minutes? FFS Alex.

Well played Milan.

Originally posted by Peter:

Chris. L'pool will have to raise their game to beat Milan, the way they played tonight.But I hope they do it.

Couldn't agree more Peter. Liverpool will have to put two solid halves of football together - and I wouldn't want to give AC Milan another 3 - 0 start.........sheesh, me heart! :D

Originally posted by Peter:

Chris. L'pool will have to raise their game to beat Milan, the way they played tonight.But I hope they do it.

Not so much having to raise our game - just a matter of having some defenders who know how to defend. :)