Predictions

Anything is an improvement on last season's finishing position, but this season think about what has improved off the field not only on it. I know the topic which I started was to find out what fans thought could be our final position but this season has been a great success:

1.) Talk of possible play-offs midway through the season

2.) The supporter increase this season

3.) Barmy Army creating a very good match atmosphere at most games this season

4.) Improvement on players coming to the club

5.) Spending most of the season in the top 10 of the table or thereabouts

This season has been a great success and now need to set a position to beat again next season and keep on improving. It will come soon enough for Town and I don't think its that far away from happening

Anything is an improvement on last season's finishing position, but this season think about what has improved off the field not only on it. I know the topic which I started was to find out what fans thought could be our final position but this season has been a great success:

1.) Talk of possible play-offs midway through the season

2.) The supporter increase this season

3.) Barmy Army creating a very good match atmosphere at most games this season

4.) Improvement on players coming to the club

5.) Spending most of the season in the top 10 of the table or thereabouts

This season has been a great success and now need to set a position to beat again next season and keep on improving. It will come soon enough for Town and I don't think its that far away from happening

I am please you are pleased - but it has been a mostly disappointing couple of months - onwards and upwards hopefully!

Ian, that is still a massive improvement on previous seasons in the UniBond league, when we have usually struggled somewhat. Lets not get down, but remember the improvement this season, and hope we can build upon it this season.

Massive improvement - you are too easily pleased!

Two wins in last 12 games! :oops:

I could see saturdays result coming before it kicked off, although both sides had plenty of chances to win it more so Warrington late 2nd half despite some dodgy refing decisions.

However generally I would says things are better. I have gone very infrequently last 2 seasosn but at least if not more than doubled my attendances this season and likley to go more often next season (wife permitting :lol: ). Son is also looking to go regular and is talking of dragging his mates along (future barmy army here?) Good footie helps and great chips at half time!

Insider, whoever you may be, why hide behind a nom de plume, everyone knows who I am, anyway I digress, Yeah I am pretty easily pleased. I am pleased that MY team is not fighting a relegation battle like we have been for the four of the last five years in the UniBond. I am happy that we have progressed beyond the bottom of the league and into mid table. Don't get me wrong, results like Harrogate and Garforth are disappointing, and anyone who knows me will tell you how hard I take a Town defeat, but the positives do outweigh the negatives. I trust I will see you at Wakefield on Friday, as we get behind the boys and try to push them onto victory together.

Insider, whoever you may be, why hide behind a nom de plume, everyone knows who I am, anyway I digress, Yeah I am pretty easily pleased. I am pleased that MY team is not fighting a relegation battle like we have been for the four of the last five years in the UniBond. I am happy that we have progressed beyond the bottom of the league and into mid table. Don't get me wrong, results like Harrogate and Garforth are disappointing, and anyone who knows me will tell you how hard I take a Town defeat, but the positives do outweigh the negatives. I trust I will see you at Wakefield on Friday, as we get behind the boys and try to push them onto victory together.

Kettle calling pot black (Are you allowed to say that these days)

How would I know you - do you stand outside the ground selling Pies, or are you the guy who stands behind the goal who has eaten all the pies :?

I will do my best to watch the team at Wakefield but after the previous away days to Yorkshire I am wondering whether it will be worth it.

The gulf in class and budget should see Warrington winning 5-0 but it will probably be another dull draw or defeat as the team is playing like an end of season team knowing they arew safe from relegation but not going to get promoted.

Believe me half the team you are watching probably wont be at the club next season.

In fact half the team is different from the start of this season! :shock:

insider judging by your tone you are new to non league football!!

Kettle calling pot black (Are you allowed to say that these days)

How would I know you - do you stand outside the ground selling Pies, or are you the guy who stands behind the goal who has eaten all the pies :?

I will do my best to watch the team at Wakefield but after the previous away days to Yorkshire I am wondering whether it will be worth it.

The gulf in class and budget should see Warrington winning 5-0 but it will probably be another dull draw or defeat as the team is playing like an end of season team knowing they arew safe from relegation but not going to get promoted.

Believe me half the team you are watching probably wont be at the club next season.

In fact half the team is different from the start of this season! :shock:

insider judging by your tone you are new to non league football!!

most teams have very few players from the start of the season this year in terms of playing staff we are quite stable we had 60 players one season.

this season has been what i expected mid table this season which is a huge improvement on last year we were nearly relegated last year.

also you must be very new that you dont know who pieman is!! as he is one of the very few supporters who travels to all town games.

and in terms of budget how do you know warringtons budget compared to say wakefield.

I hope you aren't starting a flame war Insider.

Your nom-de-plume doesn't hide who you are. I sussed that out when you were winding Big Ste up, a few years ago.

However, at least you haven't got rose-tinted specs like some have, when it comes to WTFC.

The bottom line, is that "YES" they have improved on last years position, BUT the last few weeks since the central defenders got injured, very few of the team have gone the extra mile.

Most of the 'good' goal scorers in the side, couldn't hit a barn door at 20 paces, apart from Gaghan who has been consistent all season.

personally, I wouldn't pay them in washers.

There have been some dire refereeing decisions this season, BUT that shouldn't be the reason for failing against mediocre teams.

Play-offs??? You can't be serious!!!!!!!!!!!

This season from what I hear has been a massive improvement from previous ones, I have only been around for the last 1 and a half seasons but the improvement both on and off the pitch is there too see.

I think now Joey has had abit of time to see how the season pans out and injuries etc he will know which players to keep and which ones who don't have the heart to take the club to the next level, time will tell.

Last few weeks have been disappointing but the bigger picture is the signs of continuous improvement in the Club as a whole.

Ian, that is still a massive improvement on previous seasons in the UniBond league, when we have usually struggled somewhat. Lets not get down, but remember the improvement this season, and hope we can build upon it this season.

Pieman. I know its a huge improvement on last year as I witnessed the struggle to avoid relegation last season.

I enjoy the football and travel to most away games but have to admit feeling frustrated at some of the recent performances.

What I was asked was to give my prediction and that is what I gave. I stated the fact that the teams above us have games in hand, so irrespective of whether we win all our remaining games (which I would love to see) our final position in the table will depend on the performance of others who seem to be stepping up their game now.

Ian

The fact that the club actually has a profile int he town, increased support and over all improved league position shows things are moving in the right direction.

But there is still a huge amount of work to be done and we need more supporters and a winning team to help achieve this.

The vast majority of you only see the coal face - there is a huge amount of work going on behind the scenes - but whether this can be maintained remains to be seen.

:roll:

I hope you aren't starting a flame war Insider.

Your nom-de-plume doesn't hide who you are. I sussed that out when you were winding Big Ste up, a few years ago.

However, at least you haven't got rose-tinted specs like some have, when it comes to WTFC.

The bottom line, is that "YES" they have improved on last years position, BUT the last few weeks since the central defenders got injured, very few of the team have gone the extra mile.

Most of the 'good' goal scorers in the side, couldn't hit a barn door at 20 paces, apart from Gaghan who has been consistent all season.

personally, I wouldn't pay them in washers.

There have been some dire refereeing decisions this season, BUT that shouldn't be the reason for failing against mediocre teams.

Play-offs??? You can't be serious!!!!!!!!!!!

Needs livening up on here! :twisted:

Guys,

The team are desparately disappointed with the inconvenient downturn in our performances which have affected our league position. No one is more frustarted than me and the lads at our recent run of porr form.

Football is a confidence game and when you are in a rut, it is extremely hard to get out of it (I've been at teams were it has been). But we are together (from the sounds of it last years team was not). The main crux of the team is still similar to the team that went on a great run before Christmas - unfortunately football is a funny old game and turns things on tis head sometimes.

It is a good club, run the right way and building for the future - embrace it, enjoy it - by all accounts it is a season to be moderately pleased with. Not fighting relegation (like i believe the club used to), winning the peace cup in Ireland and a team that you talk about should be winning games rather than a defeatest attitude of getting beat every week.

Good to be back - fitness will come (I Hope!!!)

Tomo

Tomo,

Don't read too much into the posts about the club. We all like winding each other up. We are still behind the team and the club. It just gets a tad annoying when the effort doesn't always seem to be there.

Losing happens, but it is the manner of the losing that counts.

PS. Good to see you back. But I still stand by what I said about the goal scorers. :wink:

It is a good club, run the right way and building for the future - embrace it, enjoy it - by all accounts it is a season to be moderately pleased with. Not fighting relegation (like i believe the club used to), winning the peace cup in Ireland and a team that you talk about should be winning games rather than a defeatest attitude of getting beat every week.

Good to be back - fitness will come (I Hope!!!)

Tomo

Nice to hear that from the skipper! :D

Six points over Easter and the smiles will be back!