Too much road paint?

observer

Noticed Hilden Island has some white cross hatching around it, reducing the available road space to single line. Whilst it may be the case that some folk choose the wrong line when negotiating an Island, surely single file traffic will increase queuing, rather than making maximum use of the road space available? :?

I came to this thread thinking it referred to YELLOW paint. I have long held the view that there is too much yellow paint on Warrington's roads. Parking is banned in placed where there is no need for it to be banned, leading to more frustration for already frustrated motorists.

We need a complete review of parking restrictions across the borough and the amount of yellow paint cut by half.

One place that does need yellow paint (and any councillors reading please take note) is the area around the Vertex call centre near M&S at Gemini. During the day there are loads of cars all parked up on the grass verges and they are absolutely ruining the grass and partly blocking a route into what is a very busy shopping area.

They should be ticketed regardless of there being no lines because as far as I remember, parking half on and half off the footpath is not allowed anyway

Parking on grass verges is, I agree, uncivilised. But yellow lines don't seem to deter people from doing it, in fact many people seem to think it is a way of avoiding yellow lines.

Many people park on grass verges outside their own homes, regardless of the fact that it makes the whole area look an eyesore.

I would like to see a law which prohibited car ownership unless you had a proper, off-road parking space. That would help reduce the amount of traffic on the roads!

I would like to see a law which prohibited car ownership unless you had a proper, off-road parking space. That would help reduce the amount of traffic on the roads!

:shock: That's not fair :shock: How about making people who HAVE drives share theirs with us poor souls who can't afford homes with such luxuries :wink::lol:

:shock: That's not fair :shock: How about making people who HAVE drives share theirs with us poor souls who can't afford homes with such luxuries :wink::lol:

Would it be ok to park in the backs? :wink: