Labour Britain... another unbeliveable story of unfairness

Bazj

Sitting reading the paper tonight, I read that a WW2 Spitfire Ace; shot down over malta in 1942 and back in the air less than 24 hours later, may be forced to sell his house as the NHS have reduced the funding on his care home fees to ?109.00 a week. His wife currently lives in the house with their daughter. Didn't Churchill say "Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed by so many to so few"? Obviously in Labours Britain, that is now not the case.

In the same paper, a bunch of Romanian Gypsy squatters were removed from a house in London, only to enter another property under the noses of the Police who were supervising the eviction.

Now the likes of LP will come on here and spout that everyone is entitled to get ?109.00 a week....... and that everyone gets evicted but can be a squatter etc etc etc..... there is no discrimination and all that PC nonsense, but it is absolutely no suprise at all that the likes of the BNP make capital of such issues and ordinary law abiding citizens, regardless of colour, get so mad

When the owners of the first property questioned the rights of the Romanians to be in the UK and be able to enter peoples property, the Police at the scene accused the homeowners of being racists!! As a result, I have decided that I too must be a racist as I think that the Romanians should be dragged kicking and screaming from their latest squat, put in the back of a police van and thrown on the next flight back to where they bloody well came from and the Spitfire ACE should be left alone to live the rest of his life in peace...

I really do bloody despair with what this inept bunch of liars and thieves who portray themselves as our government have done to my country. The Police are absolutely gutless and that has been shown this week with the Chief Constable of South Wales who thinks someone should go to the supermarket for him as he is afraid that he may be attacked for who he is!

I hope to God it changes under the next government and common sense rules again. Get rid of this PC rubbish, ambulance chasing no win no fee lawyers and every other bit of crap this current lot have spawned....

Time for a beer I think!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst sympathising with your sentiments Baz; the idea that any of the three main Parties are going to change things is frankly a pipe dream. The liberal PC culture has percolated throughout every aspect of our society, and reversal would require the replacement of the likes of that Chief Constable and most of his brainwashed subordinates, who've gained promotion on the basis of their adherance to the PC creed; likewise with most other public institutions. :twisted:

Eh the Conditional fee agreements (CFAs), or no-win no-fee deals, were first allowed for a range of court cases in England and Wales in 1995, under a Tory government as I remember. :roll:

Quite possibly, however the explosion has been allowed since this lot gained power. However the sight of a WW2 Spitfire pilot being threatened and treated like that is purely a Labour government invention.... as is letting floods of Eastern Europeans in to scrounge, squat and generally take and not contribute.

Mind you, I guess as they are entitled to it, it is OK then!....... like hell it is

The E/Europeans came flooding over here, courtesey of EU "free movement of labour" legislation; which this Gov refused to opt out of - thinking they would get a trickle of cheap labour to help the economy - but, as with most things, they didn't anticipate a tsunami of economic migration, bringing wives and families to draw on our public services and require ?millions of investment in translation services etc - again, yet more gut reaction policy not thought through. :twisted:

How much propaganda can this forum take :?:

Kije,

Fortunately people are seeing through your namby pamby be nice to everyone and let them all come over here politics and are realising that your glorious EU is costing us more than we can and are willing to pay.

The Tories will do nothing to get us out, but it will come, there will be a rise across Europe which will rival the breakup of the Soviet Union.... I just hope I am here to see it happen!

The assessment of peoples needs, taking into account peoples savings etc came about with the implementation of the NHS Community Care Act 1990, again under a Tory government.

The major fault of the present Tory (no I haven't made a mistake)government is not to change it, and it won't happen under the next Tory government either.

Now the likes of LP will come on here and spout that everyone is entitled to get ?109.00 a week....... and that everyone gets evicted but can be a squatter etc etc etc..... there is no discrimination and all that PC nonsense,

Actually, LP will come on here and agree that it is disgraceful to force a wife to sell her home to fund the medical care of her husband. She should have the right to remain in her own home and if that's his only asset, then he should get his care funded. If they have other assets then that's different. If she can no longer live there and needs care, that's different too, but if the situation is as you describe it, then Social Services should bog off. And it is Social Services, not the Government. Been through it with various elderly relatives, under various governments and various local authorities too. All a shower of sh*t in my view.

Baz, don't you EVER again put words into my mouth and quote them here or anywhere else. I am really angry with you for suggesting that I would defend any public body making the life of a war hero a misery. You have no right to assign me an opinion without asking and then criticise me in public for it.

I am not about to apologise LP when you add a condition to his free healthcare that "if he has other assets that's different"... no it shouldn't be different at all. This guy put his life on the line for this country for 6 long years... no buying yourself out when it gets a bit tough for them boys. The likes of him and any other vetran of the conflict should be looked after in their old age as a minimum debt of gratitude. If we can bail out the banking industry and allow slime balls like Fred Goodwin to walk away with millions of pounds from a state owned company then we can afford a few quid to do the decent thing by our war vetrans.

I too am angry that there are people in this country who seem quite happy to put the financial welfare of other countries above and beyond our own people. The likes of Romanian gypsies should not be allowed to enter this country and then break the law under the very noses of the cops who are meant to uphold it...

And Wolfie. This is a LABOUR government elected by LABOUR voters. The old "It's the Tories in disguise nonsense is wearing a bit thin now. I voted Tory and always have. I didn't vote for Bliar and his spin thinking he was a new Tory party. If left wing Labour could never get in under that ginger Taffy and the only way they could get in was to take over the centre ground then that was their problem. The majority of the voters will now dismiss the left wing and Labours try at the centre ground and vote the other way. Clegge is a nowhere party and has always been a protest vote party

If he has a million quid in the Isle of Man, then it's different, Baz. And I'd extend the same degree of consideration to any spouse, male or female, in that situation. It's not right to force a spouse to sell their marital home in that situation.

Your refusal to apologise is more offensive than your original post. You posted a libellous comment about me. You lied about me in a public Forum and you are so damned arrogant that you think you're entitled to do so. Stuff your apology - it's of no value to me now.

This guy put his life on the line for this country for 6 long years... no buying yourself out when it gets a bit tough for them boys. The likes of him and any other vetran of the conflict should be looked after in their old age as a minimum debt of gratitude. If we can bail out the banking industry and allow slime balls like Fred Goodwin to walk away with millions of pounds from a state owned company then we can afford a few quid to do the decent thing by our war vetrans.

I too am angry that there are people in this country who seem quite happy to put the financial welfare of other countries above and beyond our own people. The likes of Romanian gypsies should not be allowed to enter this country and then break the law under the very noses of the cops who are meant to uphold it...

Good post, and stop falling out you two.

This guy put his life on the line for this country for 6 long years... no buying yourself out when it gets a bit tough for them boys. The likes of him and any other vetran of the conflict should be looked after in their old age as a minimum debt of gratitude. If we can bail out the banking industry and allow slime balls like Fred Goodwin to walk away with millions of pounds from a state owned company then we can afford a few quid to do the decent thing by our war vetrans.

Good post, and stop falling out you two.

As Moderator, that's your response? He invented an opinion, attributed it to me in a public forum and then attacked me for it. Offered the opportunity to apologise, because anyone can make a mistake, he refused to retract one word. I think I've been rather reasonable in not asking you to ban him.

Oh stop being so melodramatic. I originally said "the likes of LP will come on here....." because your past posts on similar subjects have indicated that you believe that as long as the law doesn't discriminate against a Spitfire pilot or a Romanian gypsy then so be it, it should be applied.

My argument is that any law should benefit the pilot and discriminate against the gypsy if necessary because the latter have contributed nothing to this country and are only entitled to a benefit here because they happen to live in another European country and as such the law says they should.

One law says the pilot loses his home while another law says the gypsies can legally squat in someone elses house. Both laws are correct as far as the legality goes and do not discriminate against any one person or race or country of origin but are so, so wrong when they benefit foreigners and work against our own war heroes

You made a personal attack on me, stating that I would support the jobsworths selling this man's home. It added nothing to your argument to use my name. It made no reference to anything I had previously said. You clearly had no idea what my opinion was. You got it 180 degrees wrong. You're just not man enough to retract or apologise.

I come on here for fun. Not to find that you presume to know my thoughts and speak on my behalf to anyone visiting this site. Who do you think you are? If I was half as f*ing PC as you paint me, I'd already be filing the libel suit - against you and WW for tolerating you. So, do you want me to prove you right, or do you want to admit you're wrong?

You made a personal attack on me, stating that I would support the jobsworths selling this man's home. It added nothing to your argument to use my name. It made no reference to anything I had previously said. You clearly had no idea what my opinion was. You got it 180 degrees wrong. You're just not man enough to retract or apologise.

I come on here for fun. Not to find that you presume to know my thoughts and speak on my behalf to anyone visiting this site. Who do you think you are? If I was half as f*ing PC as you paint me, I'd already be filing the libel suit - against you and WW for tolerating you. So, do you want me to prove you right, or do you want to admit you're wrong?

I too come on here for fun and a bit of banter and a bit of an argument. I have had Kije call me a Nazi, and other call others names all the time, we don't go off on one and threaten legal action.....

As I said, I used the example of "like LP" because of your quite public reactions to my previous posts and your insistance that as long as whatever law applies to foreigners as well as UK taxpaying citizens it was OK by you.

I may have misinterpreted what you have said in the past so if you would like to explain and prove me wrong in my assumptions then please do so.

b]Baz wrote[/b

but are so, so wrong when they benefit foreigners and work against our own war heroes

Out of interest wasn't this chap a foreigner, having been born and raised in Belgium?

What difference does that make Wolfie? He fought and almost gave his life for this country and has lived here and paid taxes here all of his life. My beef is with the likes of the Romanian squatters who come here to take advantage of the lax laws and benefits system that works in their favour not the ones who came here as part of the greater good to get rid of Hitler

I may have misinterpreted what you have said in the past so if you would like to explain and prove me wrong in my assumptions then please do so.

WHAT? You lied about me. You weren't even talking TO me, just about me in derogatory and inaccurate terms. You didn't just go a bit too far here, Baz. You threw the Forum rule book out of the window and broke the bloody law to boot. How the Hell do you get to believe that you can just arbitrarily decide what another person thinks, post it in public and have a go at them for it?

Whatever you may have GUESSED about me is clearly as accurate as Observer's estimate of my underwear drawer. I don't have the SLIGHTEST problem with our war veterans getting preferential treatment over anyone else. Damn right they should. Had you bothered to allow me an opinion before wading in, that's the opinion you'd have got.

I rarely lose my temper, but having someone accuse me of things I'd never do or say really p*sses me off, so I suggest that if you aren't man enough to apologise you shut it now and count it as a free pass.

Nearly as bad as being accused of things you havn't written! :wink:

A little more than a technical quibble here though, Obs. Had he merely misquoted me, I'd have settled for a quick sarcastic stab and gone on my way happy. This is about the subject matter. I would never, ever, defend that authority in any way. To upset a bloke that age, who did what he did is absolutely beyond all belief. I don't care how much of an exception they had to make to the rules for him - it's not like there'll suddenly be a flood of Spitfire Pilots wanting in on the bonus, is it?!

Being honest, I suppose some of my anger comes from the fact that Baz would think so badly of me in the first place. Not nice, that.

LP,

I didn't lie about you at all..... as I have said in my previous responses and as Obs has said above you yourself have written on this very forum

Ooops. Cos from your recent posts that would now make you a self-declared toga-wearing, empty-headed, liberal dummo, incapable of using the organ between your ears, spouting nonsense from a position of complete ignorance, because you live in your own personal version of the world, unaffacted by facts, and have lost your grip on reality.

I merely said, the likes of based on your previous posts about fairness and applying the rules regardless of where anyone came from. You based your opinion above on recent posts just like I did, there was no malice intended, I doubt very much that you or any right minded person would force a war hero to give up his home while applauding the PC nature of the police in letting Romanian Gypsies break into another house to squat in.....

That is my opinion, nothing more, just as you have an opinion about Obs and Peter T and Kije thinks I am a Nazi, it doesn't matter because I don't know any of them from Adam.

Now I'm sorry you have taken this the wrong way LP, but people form opinions about others on forums like this based on what they write, it just happens that way.

Now maybe we can all just get along now?

No Baz. The post you quote was part of an ongoing discussion and I was throwing Obs' own insults back at him in fun - they were all the things he'd called me earlier in that line, before saying his fitness to comment was just the same as mine - and that post ended with laughter. You were not joking, or bantering or even responding to a post I'd made. You were just having a completely unwarranted go at me for something I would NEVER have said.

You can THINK anything you like. You can have any opinion you like. You can call me names during discussions if you wish. But when you post MY opinions for me, you are out of order. Totally, completely and utterly. No, we can not get on if you do that.

For clarification, my opinion of Observer is that he's an intelligent man who makes a great sparring partner. He has a quick and lively mind, a good sense of humour and knows how to stay within the rules of combat (just!). I may not share his opinions on certain topics, but that's part of the fun. There. Now you can comment on that in complete safety.

Now, I've had enough of you claiming that I somewhere, somehow gave you licence to speak on my behalf. Do not ever do so again. End of discussion.