Eduardo De Silva

JayC

Did anyone see the incident when Eduardo had his leg shattered yesterday in the Birmingham v Arsenal gane it was truely horrific.

This poor kid will be very lucky if he plays again or indeed if he can walk properly again it was worse than Cisse's or Alan Smiths injuries.

John

Steve, why would he 'have gone in with a vengeance'? After three minutes? It was a clumsy foul tackle delivered with force for which he was punished and will miss three games. Lets not get hysterical because it was repeated as nauseum on TV, various circumstances combined to give the horrible outcome. I also have seen worse with no damage.

For once, and you can save this, I AGREE WITH EAGLE! the tackle was a clumsy one with a harrowing consequence, but I think there have been worse tackles this season alone that have either caused no damage or gone unpunished. He was looking a really good player as well, clinical in the box. I just wonder if he will return to playing again? :confused:

Eagle have another look at the incident!! his foot is high and if he had been going for the ball he would of missed it,I think he went for the man, i dont think he intentionaly went in to break his leg or to do what he did but he did go in high...

but all is over now and he has his punishment albeit slight..maybe he should get an ASBO as well :wink:

Steve

Was anybody else incensed by the patronising attitude of Sky TV during the game ?

In their wisdom, they decided that they couldn't possibly show the dreadful incident again, presumably because they judged the audience to be too sensitive to endure such images.

Admittedly nobody enjoys watching a football player receiving such a horrible injury. However, the Birmingham defender received a red card for the incident, and Sky's overbearing and insufferably pompous attitude prevented the viewer from making his/her own mind up as to how bad a foul it was.

Yet another example of the dreaded 'nanny state'.