For Sale

Paul Kennedy

The Labour Government has announced that it is to "flog off" taxpayer assets in order to reduce national debt, given the opportunity are there any that you would like to buy.

PS Worth noting that when the then Chancellor and currently the Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, "flogged off" our gold stocks, they were at a quarter of today's value, so alas not a good track record of getting best value for money for taxpayers.

The Labour Government has announced that it is to "flog off" taxpayer assets in order to reduce national debt, given the opportunity are there any that you would like to buy.

Can you upload a detailed list of them just incase there are any that I fancy :lol: Is the Town Hall one :wink:

PS Worth noting that when the then Chancellor and currently the Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, "flogged off" our gold stocks, they were at a quarter of today's value, so alas not a good track record of getting best value for money for taxpayers.

Every time I see one of those annoying adverts for buying unwanted gold...( three on the TV in less than 10 minutes yesterday not to mention all the ones in the papers and magazines) I think of Gordon Brown..... "YOU GOT THAT ONE WRONG TOO YOU BLOODY IDIOT" :evil::oops:

Just strengthens my belief that some decisions should NOT be placed in the hands of temporary staff :evil:

Gordon says he is going to start looking at council assets around the country to see if any can be sold off to help pay for the national debt. So that is the ED1 nuber plate and Town Hall gone then!! Oh, and don't we still own a stake in a certain rugby league club too? :lol:

Gordon says he is going to start looking at council assets around the country to see if any can be sold off to help pay for the national debt. So that is the ED1 nuber plate and Town Hall gone then!! Oh, and don't we still own a stake in a certain rugby league club too? :lol:

Solve the parking problem Baz. :wink:

To answer asperity I do not think we should sell all the assets, The QE2 bridge makes money for the government, they will get a olne off payment and then a private company gets the toll for the next hundred years abit short sighted. but to be honest there are some that I do not have a problem with :wink:

How much is spent by WBC, NHS and other tax-paid agencies on using space at the HJ? :?

Seem to remember you saying you supported the building of the HJ stadium Obs so what's wrong with people other than rugby players using it's facilities/space as surely that makes it more viable and economical :?:wink:

Don't know where you dreamed that one up?! :? The bottom line is: should the tax-payer be paying anything to subsidise RL; it's a private club, and where does subsidising stop - Footy Clubs, Karate Clubs etc. :? And if folk are open about it and do support their taxes being spent in this way fine, but they've never been asked and the stealth continues. :shock:

I'm sure I didn't "dream it up" Obs.

Can't for the life of me remember when or where I read you supporting the stadium or which subject it was under but I will find it :lol:8)

....... and If I don't I may consider appologising at a much later date :lol::P

Paul, only ?150,000 (interest free)? :? How much is spent by WBC, NHS and other tax-paid agencies on using space at the HJ? :?

With regards to the ?150,000 that is a value given to the 20,000 shares that WBC has in Warrington Sports Holdings Ltd...and as they say, the value of investments can go up or down. You don't get interest as such on such investments but rather a dividend...or not as the case may be.

In addition WBC made a loan to WSH Ltd of ?187,550 which I have queried. I have been told that it is being repaid in kind, i.e use of facilities, I then further asked was a tally sheet being kept in order to record the value......, which as I understand the accounts, is now reduced to ?124,000. :wink:

Who's "you", think you presume too much! :wink: If your on about a friend of mine, you'll find his lack of initial support at the planning stage, in support of local residents who were his constituents, was one of the reasons the local establishment ganged up on him. :shock:
:shock::shock::shock:

As well as the back-stabbers? :(