Nobel Peace Prize

asperity

Barry O'Bama has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Pretty good going for someone who hasn't actually done anything. What makes it more remarkable is the fact that nominations closed on February 1st, just 2 weeks after he took on the Presidency of the US. Discuss. :wink::wink:

I am very happy for his nomination - and his reaction to it was quite profound - he said :

"I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments, but rather as an affirmation of American leadership on behalf of aspirations held by people in all nations," Obama said, adding he was surprised and humbled. "I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures honored by this prize."

He said, however, he would accept the award "as a call to action, a call for all nations to confront the common challenges of the 21st century ... that can't be met by any one leader or any one nation."

Quite good I think!

I think what he did was incredible. I never thought I would see America elect a president who wasn't a white bloke. He just walked his line without ever making it about race and has single-handedly stopped the growing division between black and white in the US. They were heading for civil war the way things were. A Peace Prize is exactly what he deserves - and I love the fact that it never occurred to him he did.

In fact, if he was a woman, he'd be perfect..... :twisted: