Watercolour Exhibition - TT Bikes, boats, Elephants etc

Geoffrey Settle

And here is the picture that I bought showing where I used to work and bringing memories of the tall ships and trips on the Ferrys when I was a youngster. Its of a clipper sailing down the Mersey past the Port of Liverpool Building.

10422_1259001316186_1264246400_30781375_1473180_n.jpg

At the preview on Friday Sue took me round all her pictures and told me the stories behind each one. It's really interesting to understand and appreciate why a subject for a painting was chosen.

What a sad, sad man you are Bazj to have such thoughts. It's comments like that, which destroy the credibility of this discussion forum.

There are areas on this forum where such comments may reside but to place them here about an event which is for the community is totally inappropriate. Given what you have been through in your life it is amazing that you should even think about posting such remarks.

If you must know I took a number of photographs of the exhibition for Gary to use if he wants to. I sought everyone?s permission to take the photos.

As you can see, posting under your own name subjects you to comments such as the above which you have to take on the chin.

However when they are aimed at your friends whilst the person making them remains hidden behind an alias then that is not on.

As a consequnce I have felt it best to remove a lot of the photos which is a great shame because you can no longer see the work that was on display.

Eh.... why have you now removed some of the photos and also changed the heading of the topic?

You are just getting paranoid now Geoff (especially when it comes to aliases) and it is a shame that you have removed the images for no real reason (well none that I saw or read anyway) :roll:

In all fairness to BazJ (who I don't know by the way) I think you mayhave read more into his comments that were probably meant. The high Viz vest made me smile too but not in a nasty way.

I'm sure the comments were meant in the same light hearted way that, I and probably many others probably, read into them :wink:

Oh for heavens sake Geoff..... you really need to have a sense of humour implanted....It was a joke man, nothing more. If you want to go all prima donna on me that's fine but I think you are taking my comments a little too seriously... and exactly what have been through in my life that makes it amazing that I should even think about posting such remarks.?

Ok here are a few of them before the exhibition opened.

10422_1258606466315_1264246400_30779745_4771196_n.jpg

and here is Sue with her husband and a close up of one of her Joey Dunlop watercolours....apologies for the tabard, my prop didn't quite work out see below.

10422_1258606626319_1264246400_30779749_3051482_n.jpg

I know that she has painted Joey Dunlop, Mike Hailwood and a couple of others but I don't think that she has done any sidecars yet. However I do know a Manx man who does he uses acrylic.

I've got this one hanging on my wall ay home

joey-creg.jpg

The artist is Paul Parker is

The Art of Speed
http://www.paulparkermanxartist.com/bikes.htmlhttp://www.paulparkermanxartist.com/bikes.html he tells me that in summer months he loves repairing dry stone walls.

By the way the Creg-ny-Baa pub above is a great place to watch the TT and serves lovely food. It's no. 35 on this map

TTmap-big.gif

Respect Independent what year and what time did you do?

Sue's ambition is to ride the course - but a bit slower than you. :wink:

I have as well but not on a bike. I ran the course just over 25 years ago and after the mountain section boy was I glad for the down hill bit. It took me about 5 and a half hours whilst my fiancee was sunning herself on the Douglas sands.

I would really like to have a go on mad sunday and I am really tempted to get a bike, I could only afford a Lambretta TV175 when I was at school.

By the way I marshal at the Nook which as you know is just before no 39 on the map. The Governor always comes out to say hello to the marshals, his house is just behind where we stand.

Geoff,

those really are excellent paintings. Apologies if my banter was a little too much for you earlier, no offence was meant.

With regards to the TT course, I actually bought one of my Corsairs from a guy who lives just opposite the main grandstand!

No probs I was surprised at your remark and angry. Although I thought you meant it as a light hearted joke I didn't want others to latch on and ruin this thread.

Sue has painted some lovely paintings and that's what I want the focus of this thread to be about. She has taught a lot of people to paint in Warrington in her own unique way. Many of us have produced some very good work that we didn't think that we were capable of as a consequence of her teaching/coaching skills.

10422_1258606706321_1264246400_30779751_4170237_n.jpg

Here are a few of her Grappenhall Class. I just wish that I was a better photographer.

Guest tonymailman
Respect Independent what year and what time did you do?

No Geoff ..... I meant on Mad Sunday :lol: ....... could've been competing in the chairs in '82 though :wink:

The TT is the hardest circuit in the world to race on, full respect to those who do it :wink:

You've just reminded me that there is a poster on here who has built his own sidecar and did make me an offer of experiencing just what it is like to be a passenger around a circuit. You've just rekindled my interest, it's bound to be a lot of hard work and since my knee op I might have to get some padding on it but some say you have to be a special type to be in the passenger seat.

Having seen the guys come past me at the nook I'll need to have something removed but if successful it would be the ride of my life. Maybe I could do it for my favourite charity.

new-article_460x0w.jpg.

Anyway I'm up for it just wonder if the other Rock God DJ is? :wink: but don't tell the wife. :oops: