That game was......

Eagle

..the best I have seen for a long time. :)

For thr first 25 minutes Liverpool were floundering against a brilliant Arsenal then had the better of the game until the break. The second half was awesome with both teams in it right up to injury time. I won't mention the penalty.

As a United supporter, I am glad Liverpool won they will be an easier task in the final. :wink:

Awsome game, awsome result. If you score five goals in two legs of a quarter final you would expect to go through. For all their failings in the league, you can't argue with the European record, perhaps the most consistant team in the competition over the past three years me thinks. The semis will be even better, can not see any shocks happening tonight and expect United to be a cricket score like last year. Barca V Man U, Liverpool V Chelsea, bring on the coverage! :D

Liverpool had plenty of luck when they won it in 2005 with a far inferior team.

Sometimes a team is destined to have its name on the cup.

I just hope if they get over the slight hurdle of Chelsea they face Barcelona in the final as they would be a far easier option than United! :wink:

Poo got through the first leg on the back of a penalty that Arsenal were denied. They got through the second leg on the back of a penalty that should never have been given :(

As much as it grieves me to say, if Poo's luck holds I can't see any team beating them. :o

Played off the park for the first 25 mins and despite being on the receiving end was a joy to watch. Games however are 90 mins.

Penalties getgiven and refused wrongly or rightly all season. You just hope those games that matter go in yoru favour - this did.

Originally posted by wolfie:

I never mentioned the British Game :roll:

The fact that it is highly likely that the Champions league will be won by Poo proves my point that skill is not required.

So writing off United's chances already?

Skill is required, Liverpools team has many skills. Just different skills to the other teams in the English teams in the Champions League.

Liverpool definitely have their name on the cup - as I said before the Asenal game.

People say that refereeing errors even themselves out over the course of the season. That is, of course, nonsense.

Can anybody claim, hand on heart, that Liverpool suffer from as many refereeing mistakes as they profit from ?

Still, as Liverpool fans have reminded me all day, they won the game and are in the semis. Very true, and I fully expect a disappointing Chelsea team to bottle it again.

Trust me, in a few weeks we'll be hearing a song from our typically unassuming and humble red friends which will annoy us all summer: "We've won it six times, we've won it six ti-i-mes, etc".

Firstly the Barnsley win had already been mentioned in an earlier post by Wolfie. Of course you need luck to win it, Liverpool had loads when they won it in 2005 as did United when they won it in 99.Look at the records of the teams in the semi finals over the last four years, Two winners, three finals, seven semi finals between them. That suggests strong European Cup teams to me :roll: