New Excuse?

observer

Seems researchers have found a biological reason for anti-social behaviour; a lack of cortisol in young men. which makes them less able to cope with stress and react with violence - seems it can be controlled with drugs - so more pill popping, doped up excuses for human beings. :roll::wink:

Lack of hard physical exercise I think is the reason for many of these problems. I also realize that parents are afraid to allow their kids to play outside as I once did. They are reduced to group sports - which many cannot afford or wish to follow or staying at home and playing games.

I do not have the answer - just a different way of looking at this problem.

What they are trying to say, is that these yobs are suffering from a kind of mental disorder - so we can't really blame them. :roll: We had the same ploy with Attention Deficit Disorder - so you get the kid popping pills, when in the old days they just got a clip round the ear - cheaper! :wink:

• 1 month later...

That was awesome - I did something similar in my classes the last two years - but what we did is we went around and gave genuine compliments to each other. It was amazing how good the kids felt, then I had them think about and write a short essay on how it made them feel.

Now the flip side of this is several kids really didn't like each other in a couple of classes - but just taking the time to find one nice thing to say about each other really helped them become better classmates and I hope better people.

Shelly I am sending that out to everyone I know - thank you!