Warrington Town v Colwyn Bay

Gary

You are beginning to sound more like one of these 'money gives instant results' people.

Newcastle, we ain't. And we don't want the club running like that.

Talk about putting pressure on people.

I thought that it was about the season that counted, NOT half a dozen games.

Do you expect the poo to perform as champions when Gerrard or Carragher are not playing?

The Town are doing well considering the injuries and suspensions.

So let's have some support of the team and manager, and shut all the knockers up.

To Paul and the lads, Good Luck tonight.

PS. Gary, can you text me the result "please"?

You are beginning to sound more like one of these 'money gives instant results' people.

Newcastle, we ain't. And we don't want the club running like that.

Talk about putting pressure on people.

I thought that it was about the season that counted, NOT half a dozen games.

Do you expect the poo to perform as champions when Gerrard or Carragher are not playing?

The Town are doing well considering the injuries and suspensions.

So let's have some support of the team and manager, and shut all the knockers up.

To Paul and the lads, Good Luck tonight.

PS. Gary, can you text me the result "please"?

Don't know what you are going on about?

I am just saying tonight's game will be a good test of our capabilities.

Certainly don't know what you mean by "money gives instant results people" as we haven't got any spare money!

The manager has a budget to work with and is confident he can assemble a squad to compete for promotion.

Gary, Peter.

When will we know if the game is on or not?.

John

Sadly I will not be at the game tonight because I am at the Warrington Wolves end of season awards event.

I am sure a post will be put on here if the game is off - and as it has now stopped raining and the pitch drains well it should be on.

This match should help determine whether Town are promotion material.

It is down to interpretation of the wording.

The team should be judged on results over a period of time.

The implication "could" be read as the match 'tonight' will be the decider as to what they will achieve.

JayC.

I don't know. Perhaps Gary will reply when he reads my response to his post, or maybe Warrington 15 will post the answer.

We do have to remember that the gaffer did say that he will be judged after the first 6 games, although I for one really believe that we need to stick by the manager and look to build the long term future.

As far as tonight goes it will be interesting as it is about the only way we can compaire how the team is to last season, as we moved accross together!

Anyway Peter T, what is your excuss for not being down at the gound tonight, remember the crowd is the teams 12 player!!!!

We do have to remember that the gaffer did say that he will be judged after the first 6 games, although I for one really believe that we need to stick by the manager and look to build the long term future.

As far as tonight goes it will be interesting as it is about the only way we can compaire how the team is to last season, as we moved accross together!

Thank you Tim for being the voice of reason! :D

The match is on unless you hear otherwise on here! :roll:

i agree as well tim! looking long term is the best idea 4 any football club! :D

i agree as well tim! looking long term is the best idea 4 any football club! :D

Did you know that Colwyn Bay are currently managerless and also have goalkeeper problem, but the CB Fans forum are still saying they will beat us tonight :shock:

Hi Gary.

Both sides were evenly matched it was settled by a penalty (which was clearly a penalty) , both of the keepers made some very good saves with the Bay keeper being the busiest in the 1st half and the latter stages of the 2nd.

One thing that puzzles me is the continued use of the long ball from the keeper, route one football is ideal if you have a decent target man to hold up the ball until he has support, we cleary never had that luxury last night the Bay centre half picked up every long ball coming into the box and were back under pressure after every goal kick, the only time we looked like causing damage was when the ball was played on the flanks the wingers and forwards linked up well and we could have had a few goals, but could have's dont win games.

So stop the long ball and play to our strengths, this isnt a moan at Paul its an honest opinion from someone keen to see the side do well.

John

Hi Peter.

I hope you are recovering after your op. I was there mob handed lastnight , 2 sons and a son-inlaw and they enjoyed it enough to say they will be at the next home game.

See you soon and take it easy.

John

Sign them up for season tickets - great news JayC - I look forward to seeing you all at the launch of the new club mascot! :D