Police need food banks !

Just read a claim from the Independent (via Yahoo), that junior policemen are using food banks to exist !    There's also one about Farmers relying on benefits. Then of course we've got the continued industrial action by Doctors.   However, there will of course be senior officers in all these professions that will exceed six figure salaries.  So is is it time we had a national pay strategy to address this issue, such as fixed amount pay rises for all staff, rather than pecentage rises, which no doubt would erode differentials ?   The fact that this problem exists, if it exists, is merely confirmation of a "broken Britain"  and the need for politicians who can "get a grip"  and impose the necessary reforms.      :rolleyes:

Given the source and where you read it I think what it tells you is that it is an election year. Expect a constant stream about the poor in the public services. What needs to happen is for you to recognise bias in the press wherever it is and treat it accordingly. I got taught this at secondary school, but today's teachers are perhaps not able to do this for themselves let alone teach it without bias. 

😆    I do recognise bias in the MSM, hence my view on the Ukraine  and Gaza situations;  however, this situation either exists or doesn't. If it exists, I'm proposing a remedy.  Generally speaking, it's clear to all, that the quality of life in the West has deteriorated considerably and requires a major correction, today's generation will be the first to be worse off than their parents.  :rolleyes:

In my ideal world there’d be little or no pay differentials with the highest rate of pay going to jobs that nobody wants to do. And nobody should earn more than twice as much as anyone else and the only way to earn more is to work longer hours.

Imagine a total reset. We all start out with the understanding that there are no jobs that’ll make you a millionaire simply by choosing a certain trade or profession and instead the choice becomes what you want to do and what you’re capable of doing.

Of course we can’t all be football players or F1 drivers, so we just let ability take care of that. Let’s face it, if they weren’t paid multimillion-pound salaries, would we only see crap football players or rubbish drivers? I doubt it! The argument that their careers are short lived would now be meaningless because someone like Lewis Hamilton could earn just as much by driving a bin wagon when he’s past his best.

Bill 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1