Junior Doctors strike continues

Lt Kije

1 minute ago, Observer II said:

Believe these people swear an oath - " do no harm",   well it seems they're breaking that for a start.  They've been granted the recommendation of an "independent" pay review body, but want more.   :unsure:

1 minute ago, Observer II said:

Believe these people swear an oath - " do no harm",   well it seems they're breaking that for a start.  They've been granted the recommendation of an "independent" pay review body, but want more.   :unsure:

You do know the members of the pay review body are hand-picked by the government!!!!

2 minutes ago, Observer II said:

In the general scheme of things,  Doctors are well paid in relation to many other workers, so aren't queuing outside food banks.  This seems to have more to do with social differentials than a living wage.     :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Observer II said:

In the general scheme of things,  Doctors are well paid in relation to many other workers, so aren't queuing outside food banks.  This seems to have more to do with social differentials than a living wage.     :unsure:

Yes ,I would agree, on social differentials, but they are important, are doctors not worth as much as they were 10 years ago 

31 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Is anyone else ?   Plus, the NHS can import Doctors from abroad, at cheaper wages, which undermines their pay..   :rolleyes:

The NHS is dependent on importing Doctors, as we don't train enough, and those that we do train leave and go to America or Australia where they can get more money

On 12/5/2023 at 8:11 PM, Lt Kije said:

Look like the NHS is in for a bad Christmas, with the government not restoring junior Doctors pay

The pay levels that the BMA are asking for are unreasonable. They are inflating the 2008 pay rates by the increase in RPI not CPI. Furthermore the increase in the CPI correlates well with the equivalent increase in all take home pay for all workers and above the increase in the Public Sector. To put it in a nutshell the bunch of labour party activist who took over the BMA, and hence are politically motivated, are taking the mick!

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2023 at 10:55 PM, Observer II said:

Precisely, caused by importing cheap labour. :rolleyes:

Not at all, as you said we have a review body, set up by the government, that sorts pay, so what has cheap labour got to do with it, as you know the government sets the number of doctors to train, you are just completely wrong again, your ignorance knows no bounds

On 12/7/2023 at 8:52 PM, Confused52 said:

The pay levels that the BMA are asking for are unreasonable. They are inflating the 2008 pay rates by the increase in RPI not CPI. Furthermore the increase in the CPI correlates well with the equivalent increase in all take home pay for all workers and above the increase in the Public Sector. To put it in a nutshell the bunch of labour party activist who took over the BMA, and hence are politically motivated, are taking the mick!

So how much do you think they should get????

2 hours ago, Lt Kije said:

Not at all, as you said we have a review body, set up by the government, that sorts pay, so what has cheap labour got to do with it, as you know the government sets the number of doctors to train, you are just completely wrong again, your ignorance knows no bounds

The NHS has robbed trained medics from the third world, cos it's cheaper than training them here, same with care homes etc.  Many can't even speak English properly, which I know from personal experience.  Plus, if they bring dependents with them, that adds to the demand for health, education and housing, for which we can't cope.  The naivity of you people will destroy our society, and is already doing so.    😠

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst I have less sympathy with the Doctors, who are not being forced to use food banks;  there is a huge injustice present in social pay differentials - namely, the pay of politicians, who's importance would no doubt be questioned by most.   A Junior Doctor will get less than 40k pa while an MP can get double that.  Which is more important to you ?    😠

I don’t see the point of comparing their wage with politicians. They’re just apprentice doctors who ultimately will earn a small fortune when they become fully qualified. They all knew how the pay scales worked and what was expected from them before they entered the profession.

When I was an apprentice I was paid a lot less than most of my mates, but I accepted this in the knowledge that when I became fully qualified my earning would probably be higher. It’s the way it’s always been done, and I don’t think I or any other trainee would have stood any chance of demanding a 35% pay rise in the private sector, especially given I couldn’t hold the public to ransom.

Bill 😊

Being an MP is not comparable to being a doctor. As a doctor there is a career path to earning a very high salary and a very good pension with how long you stay employed being down to your own performance and choice. As an MP the public demand that you have experience; so it is a career change, with an uncertain duration and a maximum span not governed by your performance but the party you belong to. Think of the excess pay as a hedge against the inevitable unemployment that will follow. Not all MPs get lucrative jobs afterwards and those that do only have a short shelf life. Doctors don't need danger money but MPs do ( it is the same with sports players, careers are sometimes short)

PS Not doing what you want them to is not the same as being useless!

Sunack has made promises in terms of curbing immigration, backed by Tory wets.   The current reduction in boat crossings is down to bad weather, not Gov policy; and the asylum claims back log has been reduced by granting asylum pdq.   So they are not doing what they promised, and are now part of the Uni-Party, commited to the WEF globalist agenda, so from the view of the majority - they are useless, and in need of a cull.      😠

2 hours ago, Observer II said:

Sunack has made promises in terms of curbing immigration, backed by Tory wets.   The current reduction in boat crossings is down to bad weather, not Gov policy; and the asylum claims back log has been reduced by granting asylum pdq.   So they are not doing what they promised, and are now part of the Uni-Party, commited to the WEF globalist agenda, so from the view of the majority - they are useless, and in need of a cull.      😠

Majority, You do not speak for the majority Obs!!!, and never have