Who's to blame ?

Observer II

The latest study finds that the richest 1% produce as much carbon waste as two thirds of the world's population.  No surprise when they jet around the globe so much, but often these are the very people who virtue signal about net zero,  while politicians attempt to punish the rest of us with net zero initiatives.   😠

The data is from the Stockholm Environmental Institute based on 2019 guestimates. It is published by Oxfam as propaganda. It uses the SEI Emissions Inequality Dashboard and counts the top 1% in every country based on Income. It is not clear how income is adjusted for cost of living, if at all. What what I can see you can not take what these figures say as meaning anything other than the authors agenda is clear. There isn't time to analyse everything that is pushed out so I just ignore most of it. I should have ignored this!

I can’t imagine someone as busy as the PM traveling the country by bus and I don’t think anyone else could. For those where time is money then it’s obvious, but for those where it isn’t, well they’ll still take the quickest that they can afford.

Some things are just facts of life and any report even if true won’t change anything.

If the people that come up with these statistics can’t accept it, then maybe they should do like the labour politicians do and resign in protest. 😊

Bill 😊

Think you'll find that most of these people pontificating about net zero, are the ones flying around the globe, causing the problem  EG:  Climate Conferences, Royal Visits etc.  Then have the audacity to expect the great unwashed to pay the price in lower living standards. But was it ever so.   😑