1984 ?

Observer II

Seems George Orwell's dystopian prophesy is starting to happen, the Globalist Elite are starting to use their corporate resources to cancel any opposition, starting with Mr Brexit, Nigel Farage, who's had his bank accesses denied, thus effectively making him a non-person in his own Country.   First they came for the Jews, then the Gypsies etc;   but now it's anyone who refuses to be conned by the woke propaganda of this new totalitarianism.   😠

it was a business account that has been denied access to.

he can still use a personal account so not as dramatic as he makes out, eg being a non person.

probably the majority of people do not have a business account but they are not non people.

more publicity for the man and his particular point of view.

ps. i know somebody who does not have a bank account at all and they manage to be classed as a person rather than a non person.

• 3 weeks later...

And the answer emerged this morning that it was because the bank didn’t agree with his political views! A bit 1984 maybe but at the end of the day, banks are just businesses and so have the right to choose who they do business with. I’ve done the same several times in the past with companies where I didn’t want their business. Where I believe the bank was wrong was having accepted his money they then refused him access to it which to me makes them the bad guys.

Bill 😊

Since when did "a buisiness" , certainly of corporate size, have any right to make moral judgements about it's customers ?   Talking of morals, why are the regulators allowing the Banks to rob savers by not paying savers interest rates appropriate to the rate of inflation, whilst milking borrowers, clear profitering - they should be closed down.    😠

10 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Talking of morals, why are the regulators allowing the Banks to rob savers by not paying savers interest rates appropriate to the rate of inflation, whilst milking borrowers, clear profitering - they should be closed down.    😠

so back to bartering then. "how much for those potatoes?" "two gerbils" "oh ,have you got change of a Guinea pig"

The regulators are the ones who should be taken to task rather than the banks.

Businesses of all sizes have the right to refuse service to customers for whatever reason they like, apart from racially motivated ones that is.

Just to clarify, when I said I’ve refused to accept new customers, there would have been good reason for it, and I’d simply advise them to look for other suppliers. Once we accepted a company though, if it turned out that the owners were bad eggs, then we had a duty to continue to provide a service for them as their workforce were innocent and depended on our continued service for their livelihoods.

In the case of the banks, they are the bad eggs in the matter.

As I say just to clarify.

Bill 😊

Well it seems while the woke left was salivating over Nigel's debanking,  justice seems to have occured with the resignations of the two CEO's responsible. However, they will no doubt retire on six figure golden good-byes, largely at the tax=payer's expense as Nat West is still paertly owned by Gov after being rescued in the 2008 financial crash.  Alas the left's glee has now turned to gloom, as their pro-EU icon, Gina Miller, has also had her Party's account cancelled.  Seems we need a political Party that will get a grip of these CEO's and their elite status ?   😠