Gov £ help ?

Observer II

Keep hearing about money being made available to off set energy bills and the cost of living crisis; but can't find the evidence.   I got a letter from DWP stating that I was entitled to £500 enhanced Winter fuel allowance,  so I've trawled my Bank statements to see if it's been paid, and can't find it ?    Also, it was claimed that direct help would go to folk with Energy bill support, which I think, goes directly to the provider, but can't find evidence of that either.  I'm sure Con will provide the detailed answers !    :unsure:

some of it comes off the energy bill directly i think.  although how you find that out i don't know unless your energy provider has something on their website.

i do not as yet receive the winter fuel allowance enhanced or otherwise. mrs sid does though but i have never checked to see if it has been payed into her account.

I think your right Sid. Giving the money to the power company and getting them to knock it off the bills seems a good way of ensuring it gets used for the right purpose. Wonder how it works though for those on prepayment meters? Maybe they can credit it directly to the meter.

Bill 😊

No sure if thill helps but here’s my statement for the last couple of months and it shows two payments now being made.

I’m assuming that the extra £40 is something to do with an extra winter payment that’s been spread out. 

13 February 2023       Payment (Direct Debit)                                                           pending+£40.00

1 February 2023         Government's Energy Bills Support Scheme        balance    £370.94+£67.00

25 January 2023         Bill                                                                           balance   £303.94-£237.84

12 January 2023         Payment (Direct Debit)                                            balance    £541.78+£40.00

3 January 2023          Government's Energy Bills Support Scheme          balance     £501.78+£67.00

22 December 2022     Bill                                                                             balance   £434.78-£244.28

Bill 😊