Eco loons kick off -

Observer II

The Gov decision to go ahead with a deep coalmine in Cumbria, has caused an uproar from the green fanatics, who are now threatening legal action.  We need coking coal for our two remaining steel plants, and to provide self sufficiency and supply security, far cheaper to produce our own.  But it appears the eco loons would rather rely on Russian or US coal and outsource the carbon footprint to them, despite increased pollution from global transportation.   If we give in to these idiots, we're likely to become deindustrialised and reliant on imports for all our goods.   😠

The problem as i see it with green fans is that they see no further than "it is wrong because it it is not eco friendly and bad for the climate" and cannot or do not go beyond to supply viable eco friendly options.

i grew up with coal fires and the heavy industry of warrington. smog so thick and clinging you could cut it into lumps and build houses with it, lasted for several days as well. most of the green fanatics know this as history if at all.

then they came up with coke and smokeless fuel. slowly the smogs went away and the air became clearer and more breathable. it did not happen over night though, which a lot of green fanatics seem to think will happen.

carbon neutral is a concept that they assume means we produce no carbon, rather than what it really means that the amount of carbon we produce is removed from the air in equal amounts. so 1 ton of carbon released into the atmosphere requires that 1 ton of carbon is somehow removed from the atmosphere to achieve carbon neutral.

• Upvote 1

There is also a study that shows they do not understand the absorption of CO2 by oceans and that reducing CO2 output reduces seawater absorption, which is the main way of sinking CO2 in Net Zero. They also now now that the oceans can give out CO instead of taking it in and then change back. This behaviour is determined by winds and the previous theories about saturating the gulf stream/North Atlantic drift are bunkum.

The latest graph I have seen from NASA when extrapolated to 2050 using the most probable trend line from the more realistic one out of the latest models said 1 Kelvin degree increase above 1850 pre industrial levels but there could be another 0.5 degrees because of natural variation. We need to stop all the hyperbolic fantasies that are frightening the kids. As an example from NOAA we get for Liverpool a sea level rise rate "1858 to 1983 which is equivalent to a change of 0.37 feet in 100 years" The graph show NO acceleration in the rate of increase. Most of the bad stuff is just lies. Climate change is real but not as frightening as we are told as a reason to ruin our way of life by activists.

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

Well, the more you hear on this topic, the more you will laugh -  the scientists have now come up with a study which shows - that during the pandemic and lock downs, the CO2 emissions from car underuse failed to purge Methane levels which are even worse than CO2 for climate change !     😑

i blame the vegans/vegetarians. eating more beef will reduce the number of cattle producing methane, although how much vegans and vegetarians produce is not something that has been studied. could be a grant there for some climate change expert or other.....🌪️

The more I read about history, the more I'm convinced that puny humanity with all it's science and technology, cannot control the forces of nature acting on this planet, which has gone from a fire ball to a snowball throughout it's existence. The first mass extinction on Earth was caused through the release of oxygen.  I suspect this whole agenda is being seized on by the WEF as a means of controlling the Plebs, in 15min lockdown zones etc; while they jet around the globe.    😠