Scamdemic.

Bill

I while back I got caught out by a dodgy internet add. I was lucky and managed to get my money back but no doubt the scammers made a small fortune. I’ve just spotted three more adds all appearing to be from different UK companies all with the same non-existent email and phone numbers. Here’s a link but they don’t stay about for long so this may not work.

https://storam.co.uk/product/yh-1000w-grid-tie-inverter

What really miffs me off is that Google, despite what they claim, make it virtually impossible to report such adds as fake, I spent nearly an hour trying to find out how to report this and, in the end, just had to give up. If I can’t do it, then I’m sure others won’t be able to either. 🤬

Bill 😊

did you google how report ads on google?

apparently they have a "report ad" form that you can access and fill in, though what hoops you have to jump through to complete the form i have no idea.

I had enough problems trying to fill in the E-consult form the other day.

"do you have photo id?" er no i am on a computer

"can you prove who you are" er how?

plus a few other questions that ended up with it informing me to contact my gp to get the details i needed to fill in the e-consult form to contact my gp AAARRRGGGHHH

Things are getting bad Sid when the computer has to ask if you’re a human.  

I did Goole how to report a fake add and as usual with the online companies, lots of fine well-chosen words but after over an hour of trying, I still couldn’t find anything that matched anything they were saying.

Given the number of fake companies ripping people off these days, what’s wrong with having a simple report button? At the end of the day this is criminal activity, and we shouldn’t have to spend an hour looking up how to report it.

Bill 😊