Who cares ?

Observer II

It seems that anti-vax attitudes are selfish and irresponsible, leading one to lack sympathy with those in Health and Care Services threatened with jab or job mandates.   However, Gov appear to be between a rock and a hard place, if by pursuing the vax mandate they lose over 10% of the workforce in this sector.   So what do we do ?   Allow Granny to die through lack of care, or die through possible covid infection ?      😷   💀

Is it already Groundhog Day again?  😀

When the vaccines first came out it was suggested that they gave a degree of protection from becoming infected and passing it on to others. If that were still true now, then few would have any sympathy for medical personnel who refused the jabs. But now the thinking has changed to vaccines don’t stop you catching it or from passing it on, then some would argue they're are no worse than anyone else so why should they be sacked?

They may think this is a valid argument but if seriously ill people are dying because of the unvaccinated taking up beds and resources then that argument falls flat on it's face. Anyone who thinks that civil rights and personal beliefs should take precedence over the lives of others shouldn’t be working in the medical field.

Bill 😊

My natural inclination is to agree with you Bill;  but the thought of losing one in five staff appears dreadful.   Mind you, I can see this Gov now giving such jobs to the ever increasing supply of illegal immigrants now entering the Country, providing their jabbed of course, thus making two wrongs make a right.      😷 

I don’t think it’s quite as bad as that Obs. Official BMJ figures back in November state that nationally 93% had been jabbed and I can only assume more have complied since that time. Then make allowances for the fact that it’s only those that have direct face to face contact with the patients that risk losing their jobs but not before they’ve been offered alternate posts to minimize risk.

It'd be interesting to see though if having quit their job over this, whether or not they’ll be able to claim unemployment benefits?

Bill 😊