Well it was an event when I was 10

Latchford Locks

I fondly remember my Saturday mornings at the Ritz watching all my heroes Zorro and Flash Gordon ; and villains Ming the Merciless for one plus the 3 Stooges and then singing The ABC Minors song... But best of all was on your birthday you could go on stage for your Birthday card and up would pop the organ then everyone had to sing Happy Birthday to you !

I remember some kids had about 5 birthdays a year😆

Happy Happy Days  

776661842_abcminors.jpg.bcc20aa0c3f961b3d5b30289a35bb2a4.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have the dvd's of "flash gordon conquers the universe" three volumes of 4 episodes each.

Frank Middleton as Good old Ming the Merciless "BOOO hiss BOOO". Larry "Buster"Crabbe as Flash Gordon "look out he's behind you"

they were still showing those when i was a ten yea old in the late sixties and still plating the minors song as well on the organ, words on the screen with a little bouncing dot to keep everybody in synch.

Cliff hangers galore that seemed to show the hero dying at the end of every episode only to to be shown to be false at the beginning of the next and special effects that spared every expense. Those wobbly spaceships with the strings outlined on the backdrop trailing smoke that rose and sparks that fell.

Keep meaning to try to find the rest of the flash gorden serials but real life tends to get in the way..

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2021 at 2:14 PM, Latchford Locks said:

I fondly remember my Saturday mornings at the Ritz watching all my heroes Zorro and Flash Gordon ; and villains Ming the Merciless for one plus the 3 Stooges and then singing The ABC Minors song... But best of all was on your birthday you could go on stage for your Birthday card and up would pop the organ then everyone had to sing Happy Birthday to you !

I remember some kids had about 5 birthdays a year😆

Happy Happy Days  

776661842_abcminors.jpg.bcc20aa0c3f961b3d5b30289a35bb2a4.jpg

"Aunty Andy ",not much has changed .

I must confess my den of iniquity was the Queen's on Orford Lane. No doubt similar films but i think we sometimes got Sir Gallahad.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

"Aunty Andy ",not much has changed .

I must confess my den of iniquity was the Queen's on Orford Lane. No doubt similar films but i think we sometimes got Sir Gallahad.

When I had a few bob in my pocket it was The Ritz on Saturday morning and The Premier in Latchford in the afternoon,

I remember like it was yesterday my Mum telling me I would end up with square eyes ☺️

• Upvote 1