Beatles Live

Latchford Locks

I suppose you have to be of a certain age to remember this ,but I thought the Bell Hall was part of The school that was St Benedicts and  on the same site...........

Live: Bell Hall, Warrington

Friday 20 July 1962  

This was The Beatles’ only live performance in Warrington, then in Lancashire,

They were supported by The Vigilantes and The Renegades. The entrance charge was 2/6d.

Bell Hall was supposedly a church hall situated on Orford Lane, accessed down a small alley. which was later demolished.

... 2/6 by the way was equivalent to £2.85 in todays money.!!!

I wonder if any tickets have survived. or if any of our senior posters went to this ?

I was a bit to young at the time,

th?id=OIP.DzkyCSKuF0AIVCXIW7mRpQHaDA&w=394&h=192&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&dpr=1.25&pid=3.1&rm=2See the source image

• Upvote 1

I remember the school & Bell Hall from living in Orford Lane though i haven't been in either. You used to see quite a lot of folk heading to the Bell Hall on opening nights. St Benedict's church was further along Orford Lane ,just behind the Queens picture house.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

I remember the school & Bell Hall from living in Orford Lane though i haven't been in either. You used to see quite a lot of folk heading to the Bell Hall on opening nights. St Benedict's church was further along Orford Lane ,just behind the Queens picture house.

The church is still there. I seem to remember when we had all the Polish workers coming here it was adopted by them as their local church

Possibly so Latch. If you are familiar with Orford Lane ,i seem to remember the entrance to the school being about 50 yards towards town from Shaw's butchers. It was only a small opening to the school considering it's importance to Catholic families.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

I think so, can't remember much !   They also appeared at the Baths.    Those were the days when you could meet and talk to girls,  now it's all dating sites - sad.   😉

This generation know no different 

They just don't realise what they are missing.

Days you remember all your life was what we were lucky enough to have. A keyboard is a thing you forget in a day.

I will remember The Stamford Arms Friday night dances upstairs till the day I die;  seems like yesterday not  53 years ago !😲!

Edited by Latchford Locks
  • Like 1