A nice quiet pint?

Bill

Bit of a different night in the little micro-pub I go to on Wednesdays when a group turned up to make a video about the place. There were only five regulars in the place, so I was expecting a quiet night but if you watch the video, you’ll see that one guy managed to change all that.

https://www.facebook.com/salfordmedia/videos/146758687443811

Bill 😊

13 hours ago, Bill said:

Bit of a different night in the little micro-pub I go to on Wednesdays when a group turned up to make a video about the place. There were only five regulars in the place, so I was expecting a quiet night but if you watch the video, you’ll see that one guy managed to change all that.

https://www.facebook.com/salfordmedia/videos/146758687443811

Bill 😊

Think you posted the wrong photo there Bill

Here's the correct one ☺️

See the source image

• Haha 1

Yep not ideal Latchy.

We don’t just go there for the beer but because it’s a relatively quiet place where people are sensible and follow the rules. These guy’s last night were a million miles from the norm, but they were invited guests and probably didn’t understand how things worked in there.

The big guy doing all the talking was sitting far too close for my liking but hey ho, all the restrictions are to be lifted shortly anyway so I went along with their filming. But when he started doing his denying bit and saying how he wouldn’t get vaccinated I though it was time for me to make my excuses and leave.  🤢

Bill 😊

17 hours ago, Bill said:

Yep not ideal Latchy.

We don’t just go there for the beer but because it’s a relatively quiet place where people are sensible and follow the rules. These guy’s last night were a million miles from the norm, but they were invited guests and probably didn’t understand how things worked in there.

The big guy doing all the talking was sitting far too close for my liking but hey ho, all the restrictions are to be lifted shortly anyway so I went along with their filming. But when he started doing his denying bit and saying how he wouldn’t get vaccinated I though it was time for me to make my excuses and leave.  🤢

Bill 😊

Dead Right !!!

I know it not in your stamping ground area but I find The Royal Oak Branch on Knutsford rd.. in the best side.. the type of pub that they were like 30 years ago.. really nice. Clean and quiet. plus a pint under £2.80.... I've not been in since lockdown(or anywhere else for that ) but it will be my first stop when I get round to going out 🍺

royal-oak-branch-warrington.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1

£2.80 is a good price. I think I pay £3.30 at the Rope in Woolston and the same at the Grocers in Cadishead although it’s real ale in there. As long as the beer is kept in good condition and the place isn’t rowdy, I’m not too bothered where I go. The only reason I go as far as Cadishead on a Wednesday is that it’s my brothers local and he’s not very mobile, so I’m his taxi service.

Bill 😊

1 hour ago, Bill said:

£2.80 is a good price. I think I pay £3.30 at the Rope in Woolston and the same at the Grocers in Cadishead although it’s real ale in there. As long as the beer is kept in good condition and the place isn’t rowdy, I’m not too bothered where I go. The only reason I go as far as Cadishead on a Wednesday is that it’s my brothers local and he’s not very mobile, so I’m his taxi service.

Bill 😊

The Rope is a bit of a captive market hence the extra 50p on a pint.

, Whereas The Branch has lots of competition just minutes away over the river

I wonder what the stag in use to price their beers and soft drinks.

Two pints of coke £7.50 or £3.75 per pint and that is for the stuff that comes out of those hose pipe thingies. actual cost is probably about 50p per pint.

no idea how much the food costs as my glasses had fogged up before i could see the me and  you card.

Fortunately i only have to go there once a year during the bowling season and if the domino season starts up then probably there twice a year.......:wacko::wacko:

I’m just glad I only drink a couple of regular bitter beers in there because the others are paying £4 a pint for their posh larger. You’re probably right about the lack of competition. We used to drink the same pint at the London Bridge in Stockton Heath but got fed up with the driving and the queues at the bar. You’d normally expect Stockton Heath prices to be higher than Woolston.

The Rope has a biker’s night every Wednesday and with most riders on the soft stuff, that’s likely to be their most profitable night.

Bill 😊

• 1 month later...

Here’s a piccie of the Grocers Micro pub I go to each Wednesday night. It’s taken corner to corner so what you see is the full thing. At one point last night it got quite busy with six people (including the landlord).

Grocers Micropub.jpg  

Bill :)

• Haha 1