Now - then

Stallard12

Everybody on this forum has probably already invested in a burial plan (!), so I don't think I'm addressing the x generatiion or millenniums,, or whatever the ffffront door they are (here we go, another bitch from PJ, going to report me to the principle, what's new, just ignore him as usual), but how do you feel about life now.   Surely it was better when most people were  oppressed, but most of us were as as happy as all hell !,!  Oops, PJ ' s blowing a fuse ( can't compute, can't compute).  That was for his benefit lol.  

Seriuously, 329,000,00 folks in the US were as happpy as pigs in excrement (that's a real general usage word PJ,) 500,000 were PO'd and 500,000 didn't give an excrement (see previous qualification) when life was normal. Now, thanks to liberal nut cases and their 25 loud voices,  329,500,000are miserable and 500,000 still don't give a sh..

Are you more or less happy, or are you one of the 500,000 .

Now PJ, don't give my buddy Dizzy a bad time, cos she's not alone, methinks that you are.

• Haha 1

Stallard mate, I personally don't give a flying (enter your favourite expletive in the space provided) what happens to my remains when I'm gone (Except for the proviso that my ashes aren't spread anywhere near Anfield). That covers your burial plan bit.

I think the world is going to hell in a handbasket, but again I think I'll be long gone before it happens, so I'll just keep trundling along until the inevitable happens.

• Haha 1

Well that must have been one of the strangest posts I've read on here in a long time Stallard :lol:  I'm not even quite sure where to begin or what the topic is really about :lol:

As for your opening sentence (Is that the main just of the thread?) .....I haven't invested in a burial plan. 

I've never even considered it to be honest.  I do see all the adverts on the TV telling us to do it so we don't leave our loved ones to foot the bill when we pop our clogs but I just ignore.  If I did invest in one I'd probably spend the rest of my life worrying that they would go bust and all the money I'd paid in would be lost and have been for nothing.  Not to mention I don't know how long I will live for so say I start paying into one now monthly but live until I'm 95 then I will have paid into it every month for 40 years which I'd imagine is way more than the cost of paying to be buried/cremated.

I suppose I could just set up a savings account in the bank and put a bit in every month and when my time comes I'm sure it will cover the cost of a cardboard coffin and a hole in the ground or better still a huge bonfire to lie me on top off up at Hill Cliffe.... great views from up there and people would see me burn for miles too....or a home made Viking style ship dropped in the Manchester Ship Canal opposite ours and I could sail off 'lit' into the sunset.   Mmm that could be tricky so it might have to be my sons canoe instead ha ha.

PJ...you could come and take some photos and 'launch' me :D :lol:;)

• Haha 1

Sorry folks, United had just lost to Arsenal and my mind was in a tortured state!     I was trying to compare the non-stressed life of the 50''s, 60's and 70's (at least for me) to today's daily turmoil and asking for opinions.     Apparently, I made the mistake of starting with a very cute line about us all being so old, that we must be funeral planning !   It must have been so cute that it overshadowed my original intention and made a life of it's own.   Damn, this is not getting much better.

Still, on that subject, my wife signed me up for cremation policy, it was listed at the funeral home as a Fire Sale and that's actually true !

• Haha 3

On 3/10/2019 at 11:36 PM, Dizzy said:

Well that must have been one of the strangest posts I've read on here in a long time Stallard :lol:  I'm not even quite sure where to begin or what the topic is really about :lol:

As for your opening sentence (Is that the main just of the thread?) .....I haven't invested in a burial plan. 

I've never even considered it to be honest.  I do see all the adverts on the TV telling us to do it so we don't leave our loved ones to foot the bill when we pop our clogs but I just ignore.  If I did invest in one I'd probably spend the rest of my life worrying that they would go bust and all the money I'd paid in would be lost and have been for nothing.  Not to mention I don't know how long I will live for so say I start paying into one now monthly but live until I'm 95 then I will have paid into it every month for 40 years which I'd imagine is way more than the cost of paying to be buried/cremated.

I suppose I could just set up a savings account in the bank and put a bit in every month and when my time comes I'm sure it will cover the cost of a cardboard coffin and a hole in the ground or better still a huge bonfire to lie me on top off up at Hill Cliffe.... great views from up there and people would see me burn for miles too....or a home made Viking style ship dropped in the Manchester Ship Canal opposite ours and I could sail off 'lit' into the sunset.   Mmm that could be tricky so it might have to be my sons canoe instead ha ha.

PJ...you could come and take some photos and 'launch' me :D :lol:;)

they should bury you at Walton Gardens but leave your backside sticking out,  so I have somewhere to park my bike when I visit ;)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Stallard12 said:

S my wife signed me up for cremation policy, 

Pity she didn't insure you against imbecility, she would be quids in given your opening sack of semi coherent nonsense.  (p.s.   we aren't all trainee corpses.)

16 hours ago, P J said:

they should bury you at Walton Gardens but leave your backside sticking out,  so I have somewhere to park my bike when I visit ;)

Charming lol 😂😂  Must admit though at least it would mean I still have a use after I've popped my clogs.  I wonder if my whole body would have to be specially preserved or just my bum cheeks lol. 

Bit pointless you going to the trouble of parking your bike 'there' though as surely your stabilisers keep your bike upright anyway whenever you get off it 😏

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Charming lol 😂😂  Must admit though at least it would mean I still have a use after I've popped my clogs.  I wonder if my whole body would have to be specially preserved or just my bum cheeks lol. 

Bit pointless you going to the trouble of parking your bike 'there' though as surely your stabilisers keep your bike upright anyway whenever you get off it 😏

Oh I outgrew the stabilisers,  hope the new bike fits lol 😳😳😳

25kt1fd.jpg

• Haha 1

Why do you have a bike with tractor tyres on?

I would have thought that the weight and added friction with the road would make it far harder to pedal around than the standard mountain bike type tyres. Still maybe that is the idea give you more exercise for less distance travelled.