Mobile Phone Health Warning

Coffee

I was never confused (hehe)Coffee, just wondered why you answered for Baz, I can assure you he is perfectly capable of answering for himself.  I have to do the school run as someone needs to keep an eye open for scum smoking in cars with children as passengers.  I must say though that since the wonderful ban none at the school seem to do it anymore.  Its disgusting how they care more about £60 than their childrens health.

Lighten up PJ, I made a point, if you wanted an answer just from Baz maybe you should have PMed him.

What is a joke is that you are happy to accept studies showing phone signals may harm mice yet you go into the denial of an addict when it comes to research showing how your habit does cause harm to others.

I posted just to see what reaction there would be, because there are thousands of such reports covering allsorts of topics, but some people pick and choose which ones they to believe to suit them.

Today I note there was a program on ITV (I did not watch it) claiming that obesity now causes more deaths then smoking. What I find interesting is that people like you are happy to believe one set of reports that fits what you believe but not another. Why are you not out with Dizzy spitting and screaming scum at people taking their kids into macdonalds or using their mobile phones or cars around children as their is ample evidence that these people are damaging childrens health according to many studies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I posted just to see what reaction there would be, because there are thousands of such reports covering allsorts of topics, but some people pick and choose which ones they to believe to suit them.

Today I note there was a program on ITV (I did not watch it) claiming that obesity now causes more deaths then smoking. What I find interesting is that people like you are happy to believe one set of reports that fits what you believe but not another. Why are you not out with Dizzy spitting and screaming scum at people taking their kids into macdonalds or using their mobile phones or cars around children as their is ample evidence that these people are damaging childrens health according to many studies.

I will say it again and I will type it really slowly to give even the most gormless a chance to understand.  People who smoke in a car with a child as a passenger are scum, end of.  If you can't last to your journeys end, sometimes a whole ten minutes on a school run, pull over, get out, feed your habit, get back in and continue.  Not hard is it.

Ok so I'm totally confused re the reference to me going out screaming 'scum' at people taking kids to mackies or using phones and cars near children.  Where on earth did that come from PJ as I don't recall ever saying any of that :blink:     I've read it 4 times now and I'm still non the wiser especially as I've always agreed that people who smoke in cars with kids are complete idiots (and/or 'scum' if you'd prefer me to use that word too).

Ok so I'm totally confused re the reference to me going out screaming 'scum' at people taking kids to mackies or using phones and cars near children.  Where on earth did that come from PJ as I don't recall ever saying any of that :blink:     I've read it 4 times now and I'm still non the wiser especially as I've always agreed that people who smoke in cars with kids are complete idiots (and/or 'scum' if you'd prefer me to use that word too).

Sorry for not answering sooner, all I am asking is what do other people do that earns them the title of scum. With all the problems around diet and the "proven" link to ill health of processed foods do people who take their children to Mcdonalds are scum, what about people who drive cars, pollute the atmosphere, cause asthma, create green house gases are they scum too for example?

Sorry for not answering sooner, all I am asking is what do other people do that earns them the title of scum. With all the problems around diet and the "proven" link to ill health of processed foods do people who take their children to Mcdonalds are scum, what about people who drive cars, pollute the atmosphere, cause asthma, create green house gases are they scum too for example?

If a parent feeds a child a very poor diet and the child's health is suffering  because of it and they are told this and continue to feed the child a poor diet they are scum.

Driving cars is not a lifestyle choice the same as smoking and a ridiculous analogy.

If though a parent was to put a child in a confined space and pump car exhaust gasses into it I would consider them scum.  

If a parent was to force a child to drink alcohol I would consider them scum.

If a parent were to give a child heroin or cocaine or any other addictive drug I would consider them scum. 

If you smoke in a car with a child as a passenger , like it or not, you are scum. And you reek too.

If a parent feeds a child a very poor diet and the child's health is suffering  because of it and they are told this and continue to feed the child a poor diet they are scum.

Driving cars is not a lifestyle choice the same as smoking and a ridiculous analogy.

If though a parent was to put a child in a confined space and pump car exhaust gasses into it I would consider them scum.  

If a parent was to force a child to drink alcohol I would consider them scum.

If a parent were to give a child heroin or cocaine or any other addictive drug I would consider them scum. 

If you smoke in a car with a child as a passenger , like it or not, you are scum. And you reek too.

PJ, why are you answering for Dizzy, Dizzy is perfectly capable of answering for herself :)

Using cars is a choice plenty of people don't own cars.

Your comparisons are just stupid and irresponsible. Comparing passive smoke and to heroin/cocaine is like comparing crossing the road in a cul-de-sac on a summers day on a sunday to crossing Manchester Rd in the rush hour on a busy friday. It shows you are driven by dislike of smoking and your willing to believe anything that is anti smoking.

All these parents who have children who are over weight are scum too?

Using cars is a choice plenty of people don't own cars.  Bunkers cars and  other forms of motorised transport are essential in this day and age.  Can you do your job without one?

Your comparisons are just stupid and irresponsible. Comparing passive smoke and to heroin/cocaine is like comparing crossing the road in a cul-de-sac on a summers day on a sunday to crossing Manchester Rd in the rush hour on a busy friday.   But at least as fair a comparison as your smoking/eating/driving analogies.  Last time I checked crossing the road was neither addictive nor affected others in any way, nor is it illegal.

All these parents who have children who are over weight are scum too? No, read what I said.

As for my being driven by my dislike of smoking, haven't I explained it often enough or clearly enough for even an imbecile to understand my views.  I will say it again as you are clearly struggling to comprehend.  If you smoke, fine, just don't impose your harmful by products on others. Do it away from people who don't wish to breathe it.  I have no issue if you wish to chance making yourself ill or cutting short your lifespan, I see it as a form of natural selection.  What I do object to however is the indefensible and illegal act of smoking in a car with children as passengers.  It is never acceptable and if you do it you are scum.  Is that clear enough?

I'm not, where in the post I quoted does it mention Dizzy?

But it is obvious the post was a reply to Dizzy, but you can reply if you like!

Are cocaine and heroin addictive drugs?

Yes, but so is sugar, cola, coffee (it just realized why everyone likes me :) ), your point.

Fact is tobacco was never a drug under a medical definition. IN order to bring in new restrictive laws Bill Clinton's US government brought in laws to class it as a drug so he could bring in sales restrictions.

You know what I find really odd, lots of people I know smoke cannabis, you go to Holland and you can smoke it in certain cafes but you can not smoke cigarettes, there are politicians, artists, businessmen who campaign for it to be legalized here, yet no one minds tighter and tighter controls on smoking cigarettes. Why is cannabis healthier then smoking tobacco?

Do parents really prefer their children to binge drinking, using legal highs, smoking cannabis to them smoking cigarettes?

But it is obvious the post was a reply to Dizzy, but you can reply if you like!

Frankly, your posts prior to my quoting you ( where you were mixing up what I said and what Dizzy said) were frankly mad ramblings and impossible to follow.  Perhaps you could try reading through what you have typed before pressing return.

Fact is tobacco was never a drug under a medical definition. IN order to bring in new restrictive laws Bill Clinton's US government brought in laws to class it as a drug so he could bring in sales restrictions.

What classes as a drug in the USA has nothing to do with people who smoke in a vehicle with a child as a passenger being scum.

You know what I find really odd, lots of people I know smoke cannabis, you go to Holland and you can smoke it in certain cafes but you can not smoke cigarettes, there are politicians, artists, businessmen who campaign for it to be legalized here, yet no one minds tighter and tighter controls on smoking cigarettes. Why is cannabis healthier then smoking tobacco?

You are rambling again.  Being allowed to smoke canabis in Holland has nothing to do with smoking in a vehicle with a child as a passenger in Britain not only being scummy but also illegal.

You are rambling again.  Being allowed to smoke canabis in Holland has nothing to do with smoking in a vehicle with a child as a passenger in Britain not only being scummy but also illegal.

You not capable of following more then one point at a time PJ?

I think you have a valid point here, people are more likely to like you online as they can't smell you.   :D

There is really no need for that PJ, grow up.

• Upvote 1