Gary's Dads new book

Geoff Settle

Gary's Dad Dave has just (I think) published a book about the woodland creatures along the lines of save the planet.

I spotted it in Edwin Allen's yesterday when I was picking up supplies for the new Painting Club that me and Ag are launching later today at the Fearnhead Community Centre.

It looks a very good read and reasonably priced. Well done I hope it goes well,

Thanks for your comments Geoff. You have somewhat pre-empted my launch on the Forum!

I have indeed published a book, aimed at children (and parents, grandparents) which while it does not aim to save the planet, does have a subliminal "green" message.

It's called "Jumbles Wood" and is inspired by a lot of things, including bedtime stories to a certain editor, various incidents we have reported in the Warrington area and elsewhere over the years, places I have seen on holiday and even the deliberations of Warrington's planning committee!

It costs ?5.99 and if anyone wants one is available post free from WWW or from various shops in the Warrington area including Edwin Allen, Buttermarket Street, Small Talk in Horsemarket Street, Shelly's Restaurant in Bold Street, Pentangle (Hallmark) at Latchford, Laura's Choice at Lymm, The Sweet Shop at Lymm, The Clothes Box at Lymm, Burnett's Premier Store Higher Lane, Lymm, the Costcutter at Broomedge, Lymm, Pet's Pantry in London Road, Stockton Heath and Etc Etc in London Road, Stockton Heath. Early sales are encouraging, although I do not expect to become the next JK Rowling!

[ 28.02.2008, 09:08: Message edited by: DS ]

I am afraid I regard book signings in much the same way as I regard signed cricket bats or footballs. Someone offered me a bat signed by the England team once and I said: "But someone has scribbled all over it!"

However, if anyone wants a defaced book, I am willing to sign it!

Glad to hear it because I've just passed on your email address to somone from abroad who would like to buy a copy - hope you don't mind.

I have asked them to see if you will kindly sign your book. I think it's a nice touch, I treasure my signed books. It means so much more especially if you've met the author - so I might pop around to the newsroom soon. :D

Originally posted by DS:

I am afraid I regard book signings in much the same way as I regard signed cricket bats or footballs. Someone offered me a bat signed by the England team once and I said: "But someone has scribbled all over it!"

However, if anyone wants a defaced book, I am willing to sign it!

I agree ......... I personally find nothing more annoying than a book (new or second hand) with unnecessary scribble in the front :)

• 2 months later...

OOPS - sold out:

Jumbles Wood

Jumbles Wood by David Skentelbery (Paperback - Dec 17, 2007)

Currently unavailable

No worries, I have PayPal pounds so if someone should tell me which bookseller to contact via email with my PayPal, I should be able to get a copy.

Thanks for making the purchase, Jerry, although I should mention it is aimed at 8-10 year-olds! Don't know why it's unavailable from Amazon because it was a few weeks ago. But it costs less from Lulu and even less from me at WWW!