book

niteowl2til5

I love book shops Willy Wonka - We do not have anything really around here - but when I got to Florida you can find me in a few book shops. I too would love to retire to a nice old bookshop.

Sorry Motherhen I could not find that book online so you will have to ask at local bookshops - Good Luck!

Pete's right there was a 2 new books on Warrington on the shelves today that I hadn't seen before. One was a small one with black & white photos and a larger reddish brown. Unfortunately I didn't look at either to closely.

Why not take it upstairs and grab a tea or coffee and have a nice relaxing read & I thought that the shop had a good stock of books and a few other things. Great IT and travel sections plus I bought a CD.

There is a book of old postcards of Warrington on sale in the Works, ?2.99, it?s quite good. My family are in the acknowledgements but no one ever asked? It was printed by a Dutch firm in 2002. Enquiries are being made by a solicitor.

Next year warrington museum are putting on a display of Warrington at work which should be very good.

I guess maybe over there it is different but I thought anyone who is used in a book or film for public sale had to sign off saying they think it is ok!

We have had unauthorized biographies writtn - an example was Liz Taylor's a few years ago. How the author got away with it was to interview people that knew her and got them to sign off.

So I can see how Papershifter would want to know? Gunga did they contact you for this or not?

Ahh the plot thickens~ I suppose there are a lot of people that are misquoted - or have made comments that were then rearranged to look different than intended.

I remember when John Lennon flippantly said "Gee's you would think we were more popular than God" -

The headlines stated "John Lennon thinks he's better than God". No matter what he said after that no one in the media would believe him. :roll:

• 5 weeks later...

Warrington Library sell a good range of local history books as well as lending out most if not all of anything published on Warrington in local history section - currently reading a book published in USA on the complete poems of Mrs Barbauld - am I right in assuming that Barbauld Street was named after her ?? a great and prolific poet whose work was admired by Wordsworth but she doesn't seem to have had the literary recognition she deserved. :(

8)8)8)