Dear Linda Dirir

boris1066

Dear Linda,

I would very much appreciate if you would send one of your minions  to the Cannons Road/ Cromwell Avenue roundabout with  a wheel barrow full of tarmac  to fill in the crater that has developed in the road surface.  We know that budgets are tight but perhaps you could spare  a small wheel barrow full of the necessary and maybe put one less 20's plenty sign up,

It's possible that the severity scale of the crater doesn't match your repair criteria as I've noticed that it's been highlighted with white paint twice in the last month without follow up. Perhaps you're waiting for the unwary to break a wheel or tyre? In the meantime I'll continue to slalem around it.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next election

Regards

Boris

:lol::D

PS Maybe you should upload a photo of the pothole too Borris1066.  When I kept uploading photo's of the ones around here a couple of years after all else seemed to fail they suddenly got repaired.  Maybe it was just coincidence though.... :wink:

Boris1066... have you reported the crater yourself ?  The more people that do maybe the quicker it will get repaired. 
Most people never bother to report things as they just take it for granted that someone else will...

You can do it online on the councils website here and if you do it that way you get a reference number which helps if it doesn't get repaired and you want to complain as you have a record of it etc.  Better than just ringing up :wink:

https://www.warrington.gov.uk/forms/form/165/en/potholes_and_paving_enquiry

Also I was told recently that the council have an 'App' that can be used from mobiles so if you see a pothole/fly tipping etc etc etc on your travels around Warrington you can just take a photo and send it and the details that way.  I don't use Apps on my mobile though so have never tried using it.

Worth a try though....

Also I was told recently that the council have an 'App' that can be used from mobiles so if you see a pothole/fly tipping etc etc etc on your travels around Warrington you can just take a photo and send it and the details that way. 

you can do a "Selfie" and point at the pothole before you send it..... just do it without makeup :) :smile:

Boris1066... have you reported the crater yourself ?  The more people that do maybe the quicker it will get repaired. 

Most people never bother to report things as they just take it for granted that someone else will...

You can do it online on the councils website here and if you do it that way you get a reference number which helps if it doesn't get repaired and you want to complain as you have a record of it etc.  Better than just ringing up :wink:

https://www.warrington.gov.uk/forms/form/165/en/potholes_and_paving_enquiry

Also I was told recently that the council have an 'App' that can be used from mobiles so if you see a pothole/fly tipping etc etc etc on your travels around Warrington you can just take a photo and send it and the details that way.  I don't use Apps on my mobile though so have never tried using it.

Worth a try though....

Form duly filled as requested by the website.

However I  did not submit an image as the prospect of presenting my posterior to turning traffic was beyond  my risk threshold!

Ssems from WBC info that pot holes of 4cm depth are consider urgent as they are a risk to road users.

I read the bit about over 4cm being classed as urgent as they are a risk to road users...... and then I carried on reading....

I quote from their web page

'Potholes more than 4cm require an urgent response as they are a potential danger to road users. An inspection is normally carried out within 10 working days.  Depending on the severity of the pothole, after the inspection the repair would usually be carried out within a further seven working days. Repair times will vary according to the size, depth and location of the pothole.'

So worst case scenario is.....urgent = just over 3 weeks (in working days).  To me urgent should mean a few DAYS and why on earth could it take upto 10 days just to send an inspector out to have a look !!

I've always wondered why there isn't a system in place for bin men to note any potholes that clearly meet the criteria when they are out and about walking and covering every single road weekly.  Or is that too logical.......

so if the pothole is inspected and is only 39 1/2 mm deep does that count as urgent or do they have to wait for the depth to reach forty or more.

Always amuses me that the criteria is the depth o the pot hole. Surely a 3cm deep pothole half a metre across is more dangerous than a 4cm pot hole 4cm across.

Seeing as we have these traffic wrdens buzzing about on their sewing machines (scooters to the rest of us) why can they not report them, they even have a camera with date and time stamp that cannot be altered so that there is photographic evidence. would also make it safer for them to do their job as they would not risk htting said potholes and having an accident and the subsequent compensation claim.

Very patient that man. Been waiting for somebody to come round and sort out the footpaths in our street, they make the roads look like a billiard table by comparison.

We did have a questionaire not to long back from the council. hand delivered no less by a chap in the obligatory high viz jacket. he asked about if there was any problems in the area vis a vis litter, drug dealers/addicts and antisocial behaviour. Seemed a bit puzzled when I said there was no problem as we had plenty of litter, drug dealers/addicts but were running a bit low on anti social behaviour. he gave me a wry smile and an envelope with the aforementionted questionaire in and made a hurried excuse to go away.

Answered all the questions and sent the thing in and now await the usual inaction. Still that is another box that the council can put a little tick in.

1. consult local residents about conditions in their area. DONE.

2. Check answers to consultation and discard all that do not apply to result required. PENDING

3. sit back and enjoy congratulaions of fellow councillors and lackeys, ONGOING

Cynical ME!!! NEVER

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if the green bin that's been sat in the backs around here (un-emptied) for almost 12 months will finally be removed too.  It was reported a few months ago along with other rubbish on the floor but it's not gone yet.  The bin will need some strong men though as it's full of broken up concrete as well as other stuff :roll:  :)

Not the council's fault that some muppets have filled it with stuff or choose to dump things 'wherever' but who else are people to turn to when the homeowners couldn't care less.