United v Poo

Robbo

Love to know what the bookies thought they knew that everyone else didn't.

The goal of bookmakers is not to predict the outcome of a game correctly. This means that their odds often do not reflect the expected probability distribution. Odds usually reflect public opinion about a match and their primary objective is to ensure a well balanced book.

I would imagine many football fans would have a bet on their favourite team even though they know that their favourite team is not necessarily likely to win.

The goal of bookmakers is not to predict the outcome of a game correctly. This means that their odds often do not reflect the expected probability distribution. Odds usually reflect public opinion about a match and their primary objective is to ensure a well balanced book.

I would imagine many football fans would have a bet on their favourite team even though they know that their favourite team is not necessarily likely to win.

give that man a ceeegar!!!!  Now you couldn't be a love and have a quick word with your pal Robbo could you.regarding odds  lol

The very best thing regarding Utd starting favourites means that not only did a great many Mancs have to endure a humiliation at the hands of Liverpool on the pitch, the bookies had it away with their pennies as well.  Deep joy.

moyes12_zps4d9d6ad7.jpg

I went to watch Warrington against Salford once and bet Salford would win... they did and I won....

Mind you, rugby, just like football is a bit pants as well

I went to watch Warrington against Salford once and bet Salford would win... they did and I won....

Mind you, rugby, just like football is a bit pants as well

I bet there are a great many Manc fans will agree with you there, I for one am loving the D.Moyes Demise lol

Let's just go over the so called inaccuracies of my first post.(PJ's words not mine)

Poo favourites to win ........................ correct

To win by 3 ........................................correct

United are crap ..................................correct

Not forgetting that Poo supporters would produce a banner claiming 'Moyes is a football genius' when it was still being printed.(thanks PJ for posting the photo proving my claim.)..............................correct.

I have to question who has been spouting the garbage here.

What I failed to mention was United supporters considering a banner claiming .......

'Moran, Souness, Evans, Dalglish and Hodgson as football genius's. but it took so long to print it wasn't finished in time.

I rest my case. :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1

The only thing I pulled you on as inaccurate was the first claim in your opening post, that Liverpool were going to start the game as clear favourites. They didn't therefore you were wrong

As for the rest what can I say, Robbo like Moyes is a football genius.

hookedawhopper_zpsf4598dba.jpg

Yep, I deffo hooked a whopper :D :D :D

wow did you think that up yourself? sounds vaguely familiar like I may have seen it so many times before.

Do you know why Man U started favourites, its because there were so many stupid Mancs willing to bet on them.

I'm confused, you both agree that United are crap and the best team won and yet you still argue with one another, are you in love?

I think Robbo has a little man crush on me, he keeps asking about my sleeping arrangements :wink:

Not as much as me, it's my favourite sport. All comes down to who casts the first line.

Wrong again, if you knew anything about fishing competitions you would understand that it's not who casts first but who has the biggest catch. I have hooked a whopper , so insistent on having the last word, I can play it forever and not lose it lol