Astle Steam Fair 1.

algy

Here's another 10 photos, it was agreat day out but very tiring and I was absolutely shattered by the end of the day, there were dozens of steam engines, classic cars. motor cycles, lorry's, military vehicles, it  really did dwarf the Daresbury one.

PJ, there are another 34, I shall upload them if anyone is interested.

P1000555_zpse9da59fd.jpg

P1000559_zps200b6b0f.jpg

P1000561_zps03e1b731.jpg

P1000562_zpsa33b1a05.jpg

P1000564_zps0aca1f3f.jpg

P1000566_zps171a45ed.jpg

P1000575_zpse760824d.jpg

P1000583_zpsb8424fed.jpg

Really fancied the job but couldn't find Fred anywhere.

P1000595_zps2840151d.jpg

---- and specially for Baz!.

P1000596_zpse5c9fd67.jpg

Great pics Algy, I wish I'd have know that was on, it looks like it was really good from your photo's. 

PS what camera have you got again? ... without wanting to take the topic off track hence I've used little sized type 

Dizz, it is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48 with a 24X zoom, I believe the latest is the FZ60. The lens is made by Leica and that's what counts, you can have all the electronic wizardry in the body there is, but it's the piece of glass on the front that takes the image, poor lens - poor pictures.

PJ will probably advise you in that department.

Crayford Corsair....nice!
Surprising how many there are still about Algy....

The real rare one is the Cabriolet not the convertible (there is a difference!!) There are only 4 roadworthy examples left

Nice to see old Fred Dibnahs Land Rover still going. There was a programme a while back which showed it being restored

Still watch Fred when he is on the Discovery Channel; fascinating man

Crayford Corsair....nice!

Surprising how many there are still about Algy....

The real rare one is the Cabriolet not the convertible (there is a difference!!) There are only 4 roadworthy examples left

Nice to see old Fred Dibnahs Land Rover still going. There was a programme a while back which showed it being restored

Still watch Fred when he is on the Discovery Channel; fascinating man

Baz what is the difference?.

It looks as if I'm leaning on the old landie where in fact I'm just testing the rigidity of the scaffold and making sure the clips are secure :wink:.  I hung around after to see if the owner appeared but he (assuming it is a he?) never appeared.

The Cabriolet has a hood that has only a rear window so the material comes right round to the glass in the driver and passenger door. The convertible has a glass quarter panel on each side which winds up and down as well as the rear window!!

so not much really!

Cabriolet

4367741695_58305a3194_b.jpg

Convertible

2013-05-06-11.14.53.jpg