I'm clearly weird

Dizzy

Looking through my camera video's today I came across this. 

Why did I stand outside in the rain a few weeks back (remember rain??... it's that refreshing wet stuff that falls from the sky) videoing a snail looking for it's tea. :wacko:

Having just watched it though it's quite cute really and moves so effortlessly.  I never knew they had such big mouths or eyes on the end of the long sticky out bits, I thought those were it's feelers.   I rather like the little critters now I've watched one closer up on my bigger pc monitor.

It clearly didn't like my wall plant though... huurah :) 

I guess on the plus side Algy it kept me out of mischief for a little while.  I'm might video the pile driver that's driving me mad shortly if I can actually see it :lol:

Never realised that the pink flowering plants that appear growing on my wall every year are a type of Ivy.  How do the seeds get there as I always pull them out when they start do die off.   I didn't know Ivy was poisonous either. 

See something good did come out of it after all :P  :lol:

With or without garlic 8)

Seems I could have actually eaten my little garden friend.  

I've just watching a youtube clip of Gordon Ramsey collecting his (British) garden snails and then cooking them.  It was ok until he pulled one out of it's shell after cooking that I felt pukey ..... so I'll just have the garlic if that's ok :wink:

If you want to eat the ones in your garden all you have to do (he says) is to....

1. collect them from your garden
  2. starve them for 2 days (to get rid of any toxins that might be in them from things they've eaten) and regularly wash them.
  3. put them in a large jar for a couple of days with a big carrot.... until their dropping go completely orange
  4. put them in a sealed jar in your fridge and the cold will send them into a deep sleep
  5. then drop them into boiling water to cook

Never realised that the pink flowering plants that appear growing on my wall every year are a type of Ivy.  How do the seeds get there as I always pull them out when they start do die off.   I didn't know Ivy was poisonous either. 

See something good did come out of it after all :P  :lol:

Can you post a pic Dizzy?

Algy posted the pic and info about deadly nightshade not me Cleo :wink:

PS.. thanks Wolfie, I'll make my mother-in-law an Ivy salad to find out once and for all, if it turns out she really is a goat then I was right all along and she will survive, if not well errm...... oopps  :wink::lol: