What's Millipede playing at?

observer

Seems the Labour Leader is already back tracking on any promises to redress wealth inequality in the UK, and is trying to appear responsible by sticking to an austerity script. But the one about reducing tax credits paid to the working poor and subsidising employers to pay them more is slightly confusing; surely this just means instead of paying the benefit directly, they will be paying it via the employer - so still a spend on the part of the Gov?

Seems the Labour Leader is already back tracking on any promises......

Isn't that was most of the 'leaders' eventually do anyway Obs?

I've no time for any of them any more (from any political side) or their little outreach urchins to be honest.

Diz, it's all about winning elections by trying to appeal to a perceived majority of voters, rather than establishing a set of political principles. None of the three main Parties are even talking about increasing revenues, on the principle that "we're all in it together" and "the broadest shoulders should bare the greatest load"; so they're left with a scramble over which section of the poorest to hit next, with cuts. Meanwhile, the real villains of "the crash" - the Bankers are still pulling bonuses and golden parachutes; and big corporations and rich individuals are running rings around the Gov with tax avoidance schemes.

I am sure  the leopards will change their spots many times before the next election. 

Apparently there is  some big meeting taking place in Watford today  under maximum security  for the elite of society, financial & business leaders ,heads of governments etc to set out world plans for the future year.

We're buried under a mess of fiscal rubble; so everyone has to empty their pockets, so we can amass the tools to get us out of it !

Obs I' have loads of tools in the shed if you need to borrow any, I don't charge so no money required as I don't use them much nowadays anyway. :D:wink:

The trouble is that if they start hitting pensioners (that have worked all their lives in most cases) for what little they get in comparison to other major economic powers, it will escalate year on year, government on government, until you will be back paying 25% tax in your retirement.... still; all the more reason not to vote for the lefties next time round.... tax the pensioners to give it to the doleys and migrants..... that'll go down well with voters :lol:

I agree with you Asp, but they are the only group as yet untouched, Cameron made a promise for this parliament, and credit to him he is keeping it. But he has made no such promise for the next one if he gets elected. They cant keep squeezing the middle as they have been doing. And as he says We are all in it together :wink:

Well, they're playing with fire for two reasons: 1) Pensioners tend to vote. 2) If youngsters see that their is no light at the end of the tunnel in the form of a reasonable pension; they will be less inclined to contribute and we can look forward to a future of pensioners begging in the street and even euthanasia to spare beds in our elderly care system. Every time a brick is taken out of our social care system, the whole structure is weakened until eventually civilized standards collapse. Yes, we're all in it together, but I think their are many more candidates in the contribution  queue before the sick, disabled and elderly - starting with the Bankers who caused this mess in the first place.