Not just some of their members and candidates who are ex-BNP then?

Sushil Kantibhai Patel, the father of Tory MP Priti Patel - took second place behind the Conservatives as the UKIP candidate in the Bushey South ward in the Hertfordshire County poll.

Damn those racists in UKIP.... oh, hang on a minute, he is a Pakistani and a Muslim.... oh heck; don't tell Nick!!

Sushil Kantibhai Patel, the father of Tory MP Priti Patel - took second place behind the Conservatives as the UKIP candidate in the Bushey South ward in the Hertfordshire County poll.

Damn those racists in UKIP.... oh, hang on a minute, he is a Pakistani and a Muslim.... oh heck; don't tell Nick!!

I guess the chance to have a tory MP's relative standing would have overcome any other prejudice.

Still doesn't change the fact that UKIP is a refuge for those who would otherwise be supporting the British Nazi Party.

As for Mr Patel - who I believe was an asylum seeker- you have to wonder about his naiveté at falling in with Fartrage. Perhaps he just has the Tory mentality of pulling up the ladder that he has used. 

Think you may be surprised just how many "immigrants" do want to "pull up the ladder" !

Why the quote marks around immigrants - is that to differentiate between those you and UKIP approve of (e.g.  Mr Patel, Mrs Fartrage and the Queen's hubby) and the others ?

Seems Fartrage is a real politician after all, judging by this from the (proper) Guardian

"Ukip has confirmed that its policy on immigration, one of its strongest selling points at the polls, is "under review". A party spokesman also accepted that it may increase the cap it has previously backed of 50,000 people moving to the UK a year.

Ukip in its 2010 manifesto said: "We aspire to ensure that any future immigration does not exceed 50,000 people per annum........"

...just imagine how much they would twist and turn if they actually got any power / responsibility

Nick.... you are a fool if you think that 25% of ALL the people who have voted today are now suddenly closet Nazis..... you are living in your little luvvie euro loving world with Kije and the other fluffies.....

This is only the start of something big and suddenly the mainstream parties are starting to realise that we the British people have had enough of being ruled by un-elected bureaucrats in Brussels....

Baz.... you are a fool if you think that 25% of THE the people who have voted today are now suddenly UKIP supporters..... you are living in your little luvvie Britannia loving world with Obs and the other fluffies....

:lol:

copying my text is just Like Cameron, Clegge and Milliband are doing with the UKIP policies... they have suddenly realised the British want our country back from Brussels!!

if there were a referendum tomorrow, the majority would be for us to get out of Europe.... and that is a cert...

Baz.... you are a fool if you think that 25% of THE the people who have voted today are now suddenly UKIP supporters..... you are living in your little luvvie Britannia loving world with Obs and the other fluffies....

I think you might find that more and more will start voting UKIP, just to use it as a means to get the others to LISTEN to the people.

We will see Peter, The Lib Dems were the party of the protest vote, they no longer are as they are in power, UKIP now have to come up with policies, should be interesting, As many left of centre voters will abandon them if they turn out to be Tory clones (centre right). And will Tory voters vote UKIP in a general election?, If they do they will be letting Labour in!!, Would you vote UKIP Peter, if the result was a Labour government?

Think you totally misunderstand the nature of the electorate Kije; whilst the main Parties have relied on the tribal vote ("well my Dad always voted for them, so I will etc");  this doesn't mean that normal supporters have always agreed with the totality of their preferred Party's manifesto, most probably think it's a case of the least worse option.  Add to this, a recruitment pattern into the Westminster political class, from Uni, to MP's researcher, to safe seat, without having lived with the great unwashed, let alone worked with them; and you get an idea of just how disconnected they are from the general public. They all have focus groups, opinion research etc; but have clearly refused to take on ideas and policies that the majority of folk are concerned about, as they conflict with their predisposed dogmas. Hence, we have the three main Parties, who are locked into the EU, locked into the ECHR and totally incapable of installing a rational system for controlling immigration (assuming they believed in one). Exasperation has finally kicked in with a large number of the electorate and "none of the above" appears to mean UKIP as an option. It's frankly not a right v left issue, as many will like some policies of each Party, but equally will hate other policies; hence in a solid Labour seat like S/Shields, Labour's majority was halved and UKIP came second. In the Euros next year, PR will apply, and if it follows an immigration surge from Romania and Bulgaria, UKIP could wipe the board.

Many Tory voters voted UKIP, as a priest vote Obs, it's a lot different in a general election, as you know, How many Tory party supporters will vote UKIP, as doing so will let Labour in, If you had voted for a fairer voting system, things would be completely different, but in this case Obs, you are getting what you voted for.

I will vote UKIP at any election in the future because they have the main policies that I believe in.....

If it lets Liebour in with their "let 'em all in" attitudes; well so be it, but I pretty much hope that they need UKIP to form a coalition government.... and then hopefully we will see some changes.

Lib Dums are dead and buried..... that is a fact and if UKIP were in a coalition position and abandoned their core "Get us out of Europe" values they would deserve to be too.... The Uni fees did for Cleggy so now he will have to defect to Labour if he wants to carry on being a politician after the next election!

Think you can get their full manifesto on their website - so start looking. I'm sure they'll come under greater scrutiny on their policies as their standing improves, and I'm sure they'll be subjected to more smear campaigns. The problem for the others, is that they have been tried and failed. One more obscure policy I believe UKIP have, which is worth my vote in itself, is that they intend to repeal the smoking ban in pubs !

what are Liebours plans for the economy? They haven't said what they would do... apart from oppose everything the current lot are doing, they have been conspicuous in their absence of an alternative policy....

as with all opposition parties; they can blab and posture as much as they want. The tories did it in opposition and the Lib Dems did it every election; never thinking they would ever get to be in government. When you have the office; then you have to step up to the mark and decide how to sort things out and not really before as the true extent of the problems only become apparent when you get the full facts.... remember the "there is no money left" episode???